1887 mn industrial exposition medal

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by silentnviolent, Mar 3, 2014.

1. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

hi all. As part of a recent purchase I got the medal this thread is titled for.

one side shows the building built for the exposition, the other side depicts the illumination of Nicollet Ave done to commemorate the event.

the only info I could find on it was here: http://discussions.mnhs.org/collections/2011/06/minneapolis-industrial-exposition-medal/

that is the MN historical society website. They have one in their museum. In fact they own the rights to the only photos of it on the web (other than 2 that sold on eBay) and they allow individuals to save the image for personal references but if it is going to be used for any type of publication one time rights can be purchased for $7.

of the 2 that sold on eBay, both were offered with fixed prices of $50 and were sold immediately once listed. This leads me to believe that $50 is undervalued. Surely since one resides in the MHS museum it must hold a decent value....

please see the link for an image, as I've not yet taken photos myself. I want to watermark them since even the image of this medal is so scarce.

Does anyone have any more in depth knowledge about this medal, not found on the MHS website, that may be willing to share it?

thanks for any help.

jello likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. silentnviolent

4. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I like exposition medals Silent. I have a couple but not like yours. I don't know anything about it but do appreciate the link you provided. Thanks.

Bruce

5. silentnviolent

thank you for the input Bruce :)

Draft saved Draft deleted