1886-1888 CC Morgans

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by yankee doodle, Dec 31, 2016.

1. GarryN

GarryN New Member

I wouldn't waste any money on them

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yankee doodle

yankee doodle Member

4. yankee doodle

yankee doodle Member

ddddd,
    I saw your post on the MCM forum with Hannah Taylor. I tried asking her the following but it would not let me. Can you please ask her the following 2 questions?
    1. Define the 3 ''years''? Does this mean the comms have been on the market for 3 yrs or are there 3 ''mintage yrs"? I only know of mintage date years 2014 and 2015.
    2. they are advertised as a 3 coin set for each year. 1886-2014cc, 1887-2014cc and 1888-2014 cc and the same as for 2015cc. Were 94 individual coins sold or 94 sets?
    Thanks pal.

ddddd likes this.
  5. ddddd

ddddd Member

Follow-up questions asked on the same thread. Hopefully we'll see an answer on Monday.

6. yankee doodle

yankee doodle Member

Thanks again.

ddddd likes this.
  7. yankee doodle

yankee doodle Member

I followed the questions with Hannah and got the answer I was looking for. You're the best and thanks again.

8. yankee doodle

yankee doodle Member

I got the answer I was looking for. Thanks again 5d.

ddddd likes this.
  9. Poohscorner

Poohscorner New Member

so are these worth buying? yes or no?

10. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

No

11. Barry Mahon

Barry Mahon New Member

I happened to do all the research on these items along with the $5.00 gold piece that was also made. The $5.00 gold piece had a run of 500 pieces. Each of the Morgans had a run of 800 each. They were all struck on the famous press #1 it is also the very last coins or medals that will ever be ran on that press. They were made to the same specs as the original ones, they were made from the dies that were dug up that were discovered along the side of the mint during a project. Out of all of the one's ran not all made it to the gem grade,like any other run of coins not all come out perfect. The original cost of the $5.00 gold piece was $999.00 The Morgan silver dollars were not sold as a set you could buy 1 at a time, they were sold at $125.00 each. They are a beautiful set, they had to add the 2015 to the dates along with commemorative to the back. as they were not made as a spendable coin. I have seen the gold coin selling up to $1799.00 and the Morgans as high as $300.00 each. I guess it depends on your love of coins, to how much you are willing to spend to fill in your Carson City collection. We all know that these coins were never ran back in the day, but to complete your collection at the most there would only ever be a chance of 800 sets being put together. If you wanted the complete set then there would only be a chance of 500 sets with the gold piece, there is no record of how many made it to gem grade, so it may even be less. Hope this helps !!!

12. Barry Mahon

Barry Mahon New Member

I happened to do all the research on these items along with the $5.00 gold piece that was also made. The $5.00 gold piece had a run of 500 pieces. Each of the Morgans had a run of 800 each. They were all struck on the famous press #1 it is also the very last coins or medals that will ever be ran on that press. They were made to the same specs as the original ones, they were made from the dies that were dug up that were discovered along the side of the mint during a project. Out of all of the one's ran not all made it to the gem grade,like any other run of coins not all come out perfect. The original cost of the $5.00 gold piece was $999.00 The Morgan silver dollars were not sold as a set you could buy 1 at a time, they were sold at $125.00 each. They are a beautiful set, they had to add the 2015 to the dates along with commemorative to the back. as they were not made as a spendable coin. I have seen the gold coin selling up to $1799.00 and the Morgans as high as $300.00 each. I guess it depends on your love of coins, to how much you are willing to spend to fill in your Carson City collection. We all know that these coins were never ran back in the day, but to complete your collection at the most there would only ever be a chance of 800 sets being put together. If you wanted the complete set then there would only be a chance of 500 sets with the gold piece, there is no record of how many made it to gem grade, so it may even be less. Hope this helps !!!

13. GMoney123

GMoney123 New Member

I see these listed on eBay from time to time and the pricing seems to be rising on these.

14. GMoney123

GMoney123 New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted