1886-1888 CC Morgans

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by yankee doodle, Dec 31, 2016.

1. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

I would have tried to make the most accurate fantasy-date over-strike possible.

But I would not do an 1886-CC, 1887-CC, or 1888-CC over-strike because those are not fantasy dates. True, they were not originally minted with "CC" mint marks, but they were minted with other mint marks. So those dates do exist for the Morgan Dollar type.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Well, after 10-15% in eBay and PayPal fees and shipping, they'd have to sell for $150 for you to make, what, $6 or $7? Then if you got them slabbed and graded you'd have to factor that in as well. Not much money to be made yet, anyway....

4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

My wife works with teenagers, as do I. In our experience, the current generation does exactly what you do. Namely: Block, unfriend, and run away. One girl where my wife works even had a protective order put out on a fellow student, claiming that she made her feel "unsafe."

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    KoinJester likes this.
  5. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

No I did it simply because you're annoying as hell. When I see every post, whether by you or whoever regarding the same topic that has been discussed to death, you bet I'll get irritated, who wouldn't? But that's really your loss, my gain, now isn't it.

Love how with one click you can see ignored content on here, brilliant!

6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I'm so offended. I should report you. Your comment makes me feel unsafe. BTW, if you want to ignore me, then why are you reading my comments?

7. charlietig

I guess feeling unsafe prevents you from being able to read..... Who knew?

8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

My point is, there IS no point in ignoring someone if you just go back and read it, lmao.

Numismat likes this.
  9. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

back on topic please

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Yet again, the topic has changed to Carr. Why do folks have to bring him up when it's off topic? In my opinion, it's done to create an argument.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Numismat likes this.
  11. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

My bad... I paged him because I figured he has the most expertise on this subject.

I'm not into reproductions at all, but I bet it gets pretty old being attacked every time your name is mentioned or you say something in a thread. Kind of reminds me of police officers being verbally assaulted for doing their jobs. I mean we all have family members we don't like, but we don't verbally assault them every time we see them.

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

And again the guy is brought up to create an argument. Just stop.

13. yankee doodle

yankee doodle Member

Does anyone know the mintage of these Morgan CC commemorative 2014 and 2015 issues? Thanks.

14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

No, but does it matter?

15. yankee doodle

yankee doodle Member

The comms. are all sold out so I'm guessing at what kind of demand there has been.

16. charlietig

I agree... purely instigating. Just another way to stir the witch's pot

17. ddddd

ddddd Member

I looked through a bunch of MCM and GovMint listings with no luck. The ngc cert verification page also does not have many details.
    My suggestion would be to email Modern Coin Mart and ask if they have any production numbers.

I'll also ask them on their forum and see if there is any reply.

Check here to see if MCM has an answer:
    https://www.moderncoinmart.com/foru...rson-city-mint-collection-commemorative.5850/

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  18. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I really don't like the design. Liberty's lip looks terrible, like she's sneering or something.

Nasty, I'll pass. Reminds me of those pot metal things you get for $4.99 plus shipping from random magazines.

19. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

More like stamp a CC into the back of a normal dollar and charge a good price for it.

Though it would at least look relatively nice. These ones look terrible. For an official CC mint thing, I would figure it would look decent.

20. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

For any GovMint product, I personally assume two things:

1) The mintage is quite high;
    2) The final mintage will not be disclosed.

21. ddddd

ddddd Member

Draft saved Draft deleted