1885 silver dollar

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by ryansdaddy1988, May 2, 2015.

1. Im thinking of buying this. Is 325 a good price?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, no. Ugly toning that will never look right, plus the reverse will never match. You can do better.

4. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

I think its too high. Unless it has some special attribute attached to the coin that makes it worth that much, then nope. The toning doesn't look right. Looks like something square laid on top the coin.

5. doug5353

The seller's description states "end roll toning." I agree, end it forever. UGLY!

6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Ah, it looks like it will grade, maybe MS65, tops. Maybe PL, I can't really tell from the fuzzy pictures. I think $325 on these fuzzy pictures is taking a chance on the high side.

fish4uinmd likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If the PCGS holder is legit, what is the seller trying to hide? Is it because it's a "Genuine" slab.......meaning AT?

Chris

8. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Ah, head-slap, I didn't even bother to read the description! Yeah, why are they withholding the verdict on it?

9. I have seen this coin up close it is in a slab now pcgs i dont remember how it graded out. The paper fold on the roll caused the square spot. Thanks for the info. I may save my cash for a more even tone.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  10. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

OGH so no genuine they just body bagged them back then.

Possible they are hiding grade because of premium being asked

The toning is like an ugly child, only a mother could love.

eddiespin likes this.
  11. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

I think it's way overpriced...this is an '85 P right? You can BIN at MS64 in NGC slab for $80

12. doug5353

Fish4, first to link comparative prices to this dog. For phony toning, 4x retail. Keep looking, seller's dreaming.

fish4uinmd likes this.
  13. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If so, why doesn't the seller show the insert? Is it an OGH because the seller says "an old green PCGS holder"? What is he hiding?

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted