1885 CC GSA - Worth Sending to NGC?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Gregg702, Apr 3, 2019.

?

Worth Grading?

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

83.3%
  1. Gregg702

Gregg702 Active Member

I just got this '85 CC GSA with Box and Papers. Does it look good enough to send in, or should I just keep it raw?

IMG_2016.JPG IMG_2017.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

I would keep it raw. There are a lot of marks on the face that limit the grade to MS-63. It could be lower. With this date and mint mark there is not that much spread until you to the higher grades.

This coin brings premium with the GSA box, papers and holder. You need to keep intact and NEVER have anything done with this piece unless it only the NGC grading ban.

Paddy54 and cpm9ball like this.
  4. Gregg702

Gregg702 Active Member

Thanks. I would only do the NGC Band if I did send it in, but that is sounding less likely.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Ditto!

Even if it was the VAM-4 "Doubled Dash", which it isn't, it wouldn't grade high enough to warrant the attribution.

Chris

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's really kept "raw" either way when you go the band route. Next time you have a submission going I would send it

7. Gregg702

Gregg702 Active Member

Thanks for the help everyone! And the quick replies!

8. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

No. I would leave it alone. It is a 63, and best off in the GSA holder.

9. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Why do so many people not understand he literally said NGC grading which means it stays in the box and gets a band?

10. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

I think also that the best grade you could hope for is a 63. Not that it's a bad coin at all. So, up to you, but no real financial reason to get it certified.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  11. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

With the NGC band, there is no reason to ever take any GSA Morgan out of the original packaging.

12. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Looks like lady has been in a fight and got a nasty cut under her eye. That said, I like it!

Draft saved Draft deleted