1884 O Morgan

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Bambam8778, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

D186C8A4-C172-4578-9B2F-BEA17402AF47.jpeg 84843FCE-F522-4D56-913B-A8ADE9DF4A84.jpeg wondering if this would grade at a 63 or go up. I’m guessing a raw 63 would go for???$35?$$??? What do you think?

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

For me it's a bit too baggy (too much contact on the cheek and fields) for a 63 and I'd call it a 62.

For a raw Unc Morgan, $25-$35 is a general range. Some slabbed MS 63 examples (PCGS and NGC) are selling for $35-$45.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  4. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

Hi I would say that this coin looks like a MS63 with the scratches, the red book says around $50.00! It's a pretty coin you might get more!

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I'm more at a 62.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Don't go by the Red Book. It is almost always too generous.

Chris

PlanoSteve likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Ditto!

Chris

8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Have you famed it? Looks like an oval o /o from your image.

9. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I'm at MS62, but nice coin.

10. Tracy62

Tracy62 Well-Known Member

How generous do you think? I tend to subtract about 15% from Red Book prices. Do you think that's a valid number?

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I think that is to low. The Red Book is a guide and the prices listed are not in line with retail sales. You should use recent sales figures for coin and grade instead.

PlanoSteve, Seattlite86 and Tracy62 like this.
  12. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

You really can't put a single amount to it. It's so much different for each coin, you must use alternate methods (read: recent sales) to put a "price" on it.

Tracy62 and Collecting Nut like this.
  13. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I've looked on ebay and I think I could get $35 from someone who wanted to add it to the collection. I have it listed in other media's and I only get those people who want to low ball for melt on it. I Think red book is high however I go from there and then reduce it sighting the red book prices. The buyer can offer whatever they want. I agree with @Paddy54 that it appears to be an oval "O" but I cannot pin it to a specific VAM which is partly the reason why I posted asking for help. Thanks to everyone for the responses! I appreciate it and enjoy the dialogue!

Draft saved Draft deleted