1882S Morgan MS65 CAC-Do you Agree with the Grade?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Bman33, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Hear daht again

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Were you happy with the 2 Morgans you bought? How did they compare in hand to how they were imaged?

4. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Im so confused. When a member show a guess my grade coin. Every one uses a 63 if it has luster. Nicks, gouges, dings, scratches, and detail are secondary. I find myself as overgrading just to not look stupid. MS grading should should be true like art. Cuz it is art. I feel (at times) its names like CHEECH who sends in even her purse change so often. She gets the here you go bump so i'll send in more. Not really my oppinion but what gives. So erratic.

5. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. LOL.

IBetASilverDollar likes this.
  7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

The luster was nicer than the pictures but I am still hesitant to bid on higher price coins due to some of them looking not so lustrous and spotty. My 81S and 79S were both 65's and I paid $104.00 each.

jtlee321 likes this.
  8. jtlee321

Me Three.... LOL

baseball21 likes this.
  9. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I've bought many coins from Heritage. I don't know what it is, but I seem to judge there pictures well. @jtlee321 , the coin you bought has the telltale signs of great luster based on that picture.

Stack's pictures are the ones I find the most difficult to judge. The pictures of only the coin seem to be over exposed. I have to compare those to the pictures of the entire slab to and then judge what it might actually look like.

David Lawrence Coins pictures also seem to be a little over exposed. Legend aren't bad. Great Collections aren't too bad either.

10. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

David Lawrence has pretty decent pictures for the ones they're picturing now, glad to see they finally made that chance from heavily using the scanner

JPeace$ likes this.
  11. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

He is also seen as getting a premium for his coins.

12. jtlee321

I finally bought a couple of coins from Great Collections. I think their photography is quite a bit better than Heritage. I was very pleased with what I got in hand.

Dave Waterstraat likes this.
  13. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Yeah, it's okay. I guess I'm used to "reading" HA's photo's. I've only received one coin that surprised me.

14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I don't like theirs overall. Proofs and Morgans look nice, but so many things are so over-lit that higher grade seated and bust stuff always looks dull and lifeless from the spotlight.

Draft saved Draft deleted