1881 s $10 liberty head question

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Bigbluemax2017, Jan 19, 2019.

1. I was wondering if I could please get some feedback on this coin, I was trying to get an idea of the value so when I go to purchase another coin next week I can have an idea of what I should be looking to get out of it. I'm also curious about another coin I have but will put it in a different post, I would appreciate any advice. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Nice coin. Unless it is graded, don't expect much more than melt, unfortunately. From a dealer (who needs to make money when they resell) you may get less than melt.

thomas mozzillo, Hookman and -jeffB like this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

@jwitten has it right, I think. This isn't a rare date, and it isn't in mint state. These sell for not much above melt, which means a dealer will have to offer you even less.

Melt for a $10 eagle at the moment is $620, with gold at $1282.

Hookman likes this.
  5. Thank you for the advice I really appreciate the feedback and now have an idea what to expect when I go to sell it.

jwitten likes this.
  6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Purchased one just like yours on Friday for $640.00.

7. Hey Randy, if you get a chance and have time could I see a picture of your coin?

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  8. Hey -Jeffb, I wanted to let you know I ended up selling my liberty Head $10 eagle and you were almost right on the money for what they gave me for it I got a little bit more but you were right. I sold it to a shop in Carson City Nevada and ended up using the money to purchase an 1881 CC Morgan dollar ms-64+ but when I look at it in my opinion I think it looks under graded but just my opinion. Thanks again for your response to my post a while back regarding this I appreciate everyone's help, I'm learning so much from everyone here on coin talk.Com.

-jeffB and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  9. Randy Abercrombie

Why sure....
    0AC0DF8B-102F-4A9A-9CB1-0E03ABC78DCC.jpeg 2DE72B12-5F4A-4B33-94E6-AC807A930C08.jpeg

10. Very nice, I'm looking forward to adding some more to my collection when I can afford it LOL. Thanks for taking time and showing me your coin.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  11. Randy Abercrombie

Happy to. I think that’s half the reason I love Coin Talk. I get to ogle over other people’s coins!

Draft saved Draft deleted