1880 USN plate varieties

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Numbers, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Sorry for randomly making a new thread for this, but:

Since the PCGS forum sign-up still doesn't like me, could someone who's on that forum please see that this thread receives a link to this page? Thanks! :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

4. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

I can't help, but I'm really glad I clicked the link. Talk about cool!

You should really post this as its own thread - it's great information.

I don't have an 1874/1875/1878/1880 $1 LT. Makes me want to pick up an example of each!

5. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Thanks!

Since Funkee directed the PCGS forum folks to this thread rather than directly to the page I linked, let me add the additional comments: Similar varieties exist in all 1880 USN denominations except the $1000, and the estimated serial number cutoffs between varieties were provided by Doug Murray, who's been watching for these things for many years.

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

This must be something new at Collectors Universe. Back when I joined it took less then 24 hours to Join. Funkee said it took him a year........I don't understand.

7. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

Your registration has to be approved by someone, before it can be finalized. That approval never came, despite attempting to register half a dozen times.

Eventually I asked MEC to post something for me. I don't know if a Moderator over there caught wind of my registration troubles and approved me, or if it was going to happen anyway.

Either way, it's a completely ridiculous step.

8. xGAJx

xGAJx Happy

I haven't registered for MEC, but I've been waiting 6 years already.

Draft saved Draft deleted