1880 CC

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fish4uinmd, May 27, 2017.

1. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

I contend that this is an 80/low7, NOT an 80/79. What do others think??

80 over low 7.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the comparison photo show that the dash on the VAM-6 is not touching the base of the "8"? On your full-coin photo, it clearly is touching the base of the "8". Am I missing something?

Chris

4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Jerry is this the coin you picked up at Timonium show?
    This is a high 7 as you can almost see the complete 7 a vam 5 top edge of the 7 touching the top inside of the 8 the top of the 7 almost making ears on the outside top of the 8

5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I have *absolutely* no idea what you're talking about. All I'll say is that obverse grades 63.

6. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Well, the 80/79 has no dash under the 8, so that's obviously eliminated first-off. VAM-6 is eliminated by the closeness of the dash. The other 6 known VAMs, though, are still in the mix until clearer images and the reverse are presented. I'd like to say I see the stuff in and above the upper loop of the second 8, which would narrow things down to VAM-5, but the image isn't sharp enough for me to be sure. Even in these images, also, the characteristic die scratch off the first U in UNUM ought to be somewhat noticeable.

7. fish4uinmd

Nope, mine is a 84CC, ms65+...this one is being sold as a 1880/79 in an "NCG"slab.

8. fish4uinmd

@Paddy54

9. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

OK Jerry couldn't remember if that was the coin....should of known as the coin you purchased was a beauty and not knocking the one pictured I do recall yous being a P Q coin more ways than 1.

fish4uinmd likes this.
  10. fish4uinmd

I got this one last Sunday...kinda blew the budget, but what the heck!

1881 CC 66+ obv my coin.jpg 1881 CC 66+ rev my coin.jpg

Paddy54 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted