1879-o Ms65

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by betcha618, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Frank:
    You know that those O/S are over mintmarks and not clashed dies. Certainly they are collectible.
    However, I did forget about the VAM's with the reverse 'E' clashed dies, valued very high.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

Frank,

You are right but I was using all VAM's as generality and should have noted VAM's with Clashed Letters! My Bad!

Okay, while a normal 1883-O Morgan Silver Dollar in VF-20 is worth around $20 or so, an 1883-O "VAM 36A" Morgan Silver Dollar with a Strong Partially Clashed "E" in the same grade is worth around $50 and a "VAM 22A" with a Medium Partially Clashed "E" is worth around $250.

Frank

4. Treashunt

Frank:
    Totally agree.
    :thumb:

5. betcha618

betcha618 New Member

A realy good friend of mine used to have a rare coin business, he gave me a whole case of coins (about 250) some cert. some not. and told me i could keep them, sell them, what ever i want. He has a lot of coins, this case barely dented his collection.

He gave me about 150 1963 Franklin half proofs some cert. some not. but a couple cam. and one deep cam.

6. Treashunt

betcha618:
    That is one really nice friend!
    Anyone want to me my friend ?

7. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

don't hold your breath, frank

these kind of friends are only found in other people's stories

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  8. betcha618

betcha618 New Member

i've never had any friends like that in the past either, don't feel bad. But these coins to him were just whatever hes got coins that are worth thousands. notice most of my coins ARE NOT PCGS cert.s . He still has all those.

9. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

Frank,

We are all your friends! Now, I will take a 1909-S VDB Lincoln cent in MS-65RD if you want to be nice to your friends!:whistle: :D

Frank

10. Treashunt

Thanks, Friend.

I'll return with the same packaging that I receive my package in, no use wasting paper -- excellent recycling methods, don't cha think?

11. Shortgapbob

Shortgapbob Emerging Numismatist

Lol. You are correct with that statement.

12. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

betcha618, that morgan is a really nice piece and will probably go at least 64 on a cross over. On the other hand I really can't say anything about the 9/11 silver eagle, I personally won't touch them because I beleive them to be tainted, whoever sold them first was profitting off death, and thats just something I can't abide. Again, that is just my opinion, congratulations on the great gift of coins from your friend.

13. betcha618

betcha618 New Member

Edited. Offers not allowed here.

14. betcha618

betcha618 New Member

didn't ask for an offer, asked if he had any interest in it.

15. Treashunt

betcha618

Hi, just noticed that you are from Coram, LI.
    I'm from LI also, do you hit the RT 110 coin shows?

Draft saved Draft deleted