1879 Morgan VAM help advise

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Mirza Beck, May 23, 2015.

1. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

1878 Morgan dollar closeup3.JPG 1878 Morgan Dollar closeup.JPG Top date view 1879 Morgan.JPG 1 Post view 1879 Morgan dollar showing Doubling.JPG M seems to show outward in the 1878 Morgan.JPG Vertical view Date.JPG 1878 Morgan.JPG ok3.JPG Friends, just 3 days ago I brought this and a 1900 New Orleans. Clean coins.
    I did a bit a research and found that VAM world does have Doubled 7 on the date VAM
    but I feel here the entire date is doubling (Atleast).
    Amongest all the Morgans it stood out due to its prominance.
    I took some very good closeups..

Should I send it in to ANACS for grading, is this worth it?
    If you need more pic please let me know. 1 Post view 1879 Morgan dollar showing Doubling.JPG 1878 Morgan Dollar closeup.JPG Top date view 1879 Morgan.JPG 1 Post view 1879 Morgan dollar showing Doubling.JPG M seems to show outward in the 1878 Morgan.JPG Vertical view Date.JPG 1878 Morgan.JPG ok3.JPG

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Mirza Beck

The problem I have with ANACS is that they are not looked upon with as much respect as NGC & PCGS. As a result, coins graded by them do not rate the equivalent value as their NGC & PCGS counterparts. While it is true that ANACS will attribute all VAM's, I don't know that this makes it a worthwhile endeavor. I could understand it, maybe, if the VAM was rare, but I just don't see it otherwise.

Chris

4. 712

712 Constatutionalist, U.S.N. Viet Nam vet 66'

looks like a little wear on high points of obverse and reverse. The pictures are not that clear. The doubled 7 vam is mostly associated with the 78 reverse. Not much value for submitting for grade, from the picture I see AU58 at the most, PCGS value $40. Personally I would not submit it but still a very nice coin. I also agree with Mirza Beck. IMO

5. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

Ok Friends, Thanks for the advise ...so do not submit.The 1900 O turns out to be a winner between the 2 Morgans.

Draft saved Draft deleted