1879 cc morgan dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Gator, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

Okay. That's good then. You never no. It's always a gamble.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gator

Gator Active Member

I dont know the process how it works however i talked to pcgs and he told me that dealers that grade have to send the info on the coin to them so it is registered threw pcgs

4. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Not the coin you have pictured. PCGS would never authenticate that. Someone is telling an out and out lie.

5. Gator

Gator Active Member

Basicly pcgs said id be waisting my money going threw pcgs because i had it graded from a member its 149 for the gold membership and they grade 4 coins i was going to join however i pay less and let them grade the coins at a very inexpensive price for me

6. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

You got scammed, both by the person selling the "coin", and by the person "authenticating" the "coin".

7. Dave Waterstraat

If I were you I would get my money back straight away.

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

It has a very slight rainbow tone on the obverse and reverse do i believe its real i do because the coin dealer said so and i do purchase alot of coins from them. Never had a problem yet

9. Dave Waterstraat

So then you should not have a problem getting your money back.
    It is a fake Morgan Dollar.

C-B-D likes this.
  10. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

You are completely delusional. IT IS FAKE. I am 100% certain.

11. Gator

Gator Active Member

You guys know more about coins than i do im just gonna pay the 149 send it in to have it relooked at graded and authenticated

12. Dave Waterstraat

You can waste your money however you choose. My participation in this thread is complete.

13. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

I think the OP is having some fun in the thread. If not and he has ignored clear cut advice from trusted members then as the saying goes "a fool and his money..."

I thought you said it was bought from China why is it on an invoice from Wisconsin? I know some dealers aren't exactly the best of people but that is a whole new low for a coin dealer to sell such a terrible fake.

Kentucky likes this.
  14. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

15. SilverDollar2017

SilverDollar2017 Morgan dollars

It is absolutely, 100%, definitely, certainly, COUNTERFEIT.

I have been collecting Morgan Dollars for a long time, so I'm not some newbie commenting here. Dave Waaterstrat (dave700x) is a Morgan Dollar expert.

This coin is 100% FAKE.

Instead of PCGS or NGC, just send this coin to ANACS or ICG. They're cheaper, but are great for authenticating coins. They will tell you the same answer - FAKE.

16. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

There is your answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted