1878s morgan

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bigbruiser94, Jul 26, 2014.

1. bigbruiser94

bigbruiser94 Active Member

Pretty sure its cleaned but didn't pay much for it I didn't have one so I got it good enough for me to add to my collection

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bigbruiser94

I think VF details

4. Sean the Coin Collector

Sean the Coin Collector Active Member

how much is not much ??

5. bigbruiser94

6. Sean the Coin Collector

Not to bad, but not a steal either you could prolly sell it on ebay for about that !!

bigbruiser94 likes this.
  7. bigbruiser94

I might put it on there to see what I get then try to upgrade

8. Sean the Coin Collector

Im thinking you will get what you paid for it !! My advice to you is instead of spending money on this type example save up the 100-200 bucks and purchase a MS64- MS65 example graded and it will go up in value much more then any of these cheap pieces !!

bigbruiser94 likes this.
  9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

That's a highly debatable claim... if he wants a nice unc coin, he should buy one only if he will enjoy it, and not because it may go up in value.

10. bigbruiser94

That's the reason I buy all my coins is because I want them and enjoy them I like this one but decided I want to upgrade a few grades and I'll enjoy it more

11. Sean the Coin Collector

Coin collecting even though a hobby is still an investment!! Also why would you not enjoy a higher grade more ?? If you get the best pieces you possibly can you will be much happier with the collection and you will have a much easier time selling what you have purchased if need be !!!

12. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

It is an investment in the sense that it will always have SOME value...but it is far from a sure thing to increase in value. If you are looking for a return on your investment...coins are not a predictable way to get it.

mark_h likes this.
  13. BHPM Trader

BHPM Trader Active Member

The coin is a cull and is worth $20-$22 tops. If you like it and it fills a hole in your set, then it's totally worth it.

bigbruiser94 likes this.
  14. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I would agree. With the melt value trending just above $16 right now...I'd say right around $20 is the value. IMHO, $25 is high on this piece.

BHPM Trader likes this.
  15. bigbruiser94

I'm already up to $30 on bid so I'm good lol

BHPM Trader likes this.
  16. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

No, Sean... as a general rule, at least in the way you're claiming, it's not.

First, I said nothing about not enjoying a higher grade, so let's avoid the deflection and stick with the issue at hand. Now, regardless of personal preference, the fact is that neither a "MS64-MS65 example graded" of this date/mint or a generic problem coin (with minimal premium) should wisely be viewed as a so-called (numismatic) "investment", particularly one that "will go up in value". With that said, and as for the "much easier time selling" claim, depending on certain factors, it is absolutely possible or even probable that the low premium junk dollar could offer both an easier sale and better return.

17. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

That is about what its worth + or - a buck or two

Draft saved Draft deleted