1878 morgan is this great condition or no?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by K.O., May 11, 2015.

1. K.O.

K.O. New Member

Wow I can't believe how immature u are. I don't believe that ur 67! I read one piece of one article that was about my silver dollar the guy said something like "don't be stupid when u try to clean it...I've seen people try to use steel wool to get dirt off of coins and ruin them." I would never try that but If u read my previous post all I said was I heard not to use abrasive or rough rags to clean them. And I know google has everything..and i got news for u buddy....IT FINDS WHAT U SEARCH FOR and I didn't search for HOW TO CLEAN A COIN. My friend gave me the silver polish cuz I was with him when I was talking about wanting to clean it. u got any other questions? This is hilarious to me for real dude ur wasting ur time trolling a 25 year old girl over sum bs... I'm just chilling watching sum TV and yes standing up to u. so feel free to continue buddy all u do is bring a smile to my face :)

coloradobryan and Kentucky like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. K.O.

K.O. New Member

A lot of wheat pennies 4 of them steel cent when I found the first one I thought they were so awesome but I realized not worth that much....half dollars Franklin jfk and I think standing liberty....war time nickels....buffalo nickels.....the nickel with the v on it....Indian head pennies...Sorry if I'm not using the correct names. And only 2 morgans...the 1878 and 1921. I have a bicentennial quarter that's in sealed plastic...says it's a proof...I might be forgetting some. I only researched what the errors were for these coins or what the rare ones were...never how to properly clean them. I know ur not the one giving me trouble about it just saying cuz I know he's reading everything I've got to say.

Kentucky and Twobit like this.
  4. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

I actually have done the same thing in the past. Collected coins as a kid, forgot about them until my first year of college, used toothpaste to polish up some of the silver... luckily just junk worth melt, but I still should have known better.
    I can, however, understand your skepticism as we do see troll threads on pretty much a daily basis

5. K.O.

K.O. New Member

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]
    that is the definition of a troll...that one is from Wikipedia but definitions from anywhere else are almost the same...so who's being the troll here??? Not me!

6. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

I'm not trying to get in on the believe/not believe argument here, just adding a personal experience that was relevant.

7. K.O.

K.O. New Member

the first part of what u Said was relevant. But then u said u understand his skepticism bc trolls are here on a daily basis...the way u said it was like "I can see why u might think she's a Troll... since we get a lot of those." OK but who is clearly atracking someone and trying to make them mad with little snarky remarks? He is. I started out being nice and im still being nice just standing up for myself. I just can't believe u said directly to a troll "we get a lot of trolls here"

Kentucky likes this.
  8. K.O.

K.O. New Member

You know what's sad? I've had Facebook since I was 18 and never had this much drama from a post. But here, where most of u seem to be middle aged or older, I say one thing and recieve more rude comments than any group of GIRLS have ever said to me on my Facebook in HIGH SCHOOL.

Kentucky likes this.
  9. K.O.

K.O. New Member

Man I didn't think getting notified by email for every time I get a reply would be a big deal but now my phone won't shut up.

10. Twobit

Twobit Active Member

Nice late 19th early/mid 20th century coins sounds like a nice start to a collection (no cleaning lol).
    Indian heads & walking liberty halfs are my favorite of those.
    Do you plan on putting a set (series) (all dates & mint marks) together or just a casual gathering of coins?
    Some like sets some like type sets (one coin from several different series) ie:buffalo nickles,Indian penny's Cents (for those that like to be politicaly correct).walking liberty Halfs,Morgan dollars,etc..............

K.O. likes this.
  11. Twobit

Twobit Active Member

Most coin people are of the older men types and some have forgotten that we all started collecting not knowing the do's and dont's.

K.O. likes this.
  12. K.O.

K.O. New Member

It's just a casual gathering of coins...an old friend of mine gave me almost all of the American ones I have... he was showing them to me and I thought they were so cool, he said that I could have them and passed away shortly after that... I think he let me have them bc I had a real genuine interest in them and wouldn't just get rid of them right away. I only posted the 1878 Morgan cuz I heard it could be very valuable if in great condition... I saw one that went for thousands on ebay and wanted to see if I had one that valuable, cuz if I did I would buy a safe instead of just hiding then in my room.

Kentucky likes this.
  13. Twobit

Twobit Active Member

Sorry for your the loss of your friend.
    Coins are a direct link to history past & present little round time capsules of sorts.
    And I hated history when I was in school,but they can have a special meaning cleaned or not.
    Take the coin in my profile pic an 1805 quarter.
    many of the first presidents of this country could have carried it in their pocket and used it to buy a beer at a tavern back in the day. (priceless to me).

14. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

You can shut off those notifications, you can also ignore any member on the site you'd like by clicking on the profile name and then clicking the little ignore button. Then you won't be able to see any of their posts at all. There's plenty of decent members here, although there's some who seem to attack or criticize pretty much everything posted. Doesn't take long to figure out whose who and make use of that nifty ignore function though. Your 1921 silver dollar is it the same design as the 1878 (Morgan) or is it a different design (Peace)?

15. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Welcome, K.O. I guess in all the excitement, I forgot my manners, lol. :)

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Kentucky likes this.
  16. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Huge mistake! even for a beginner like me...what do you mean by "very dirty"?

17. fish4uinmd

Not only did she/he clean it, but it appears to be harshly cleaned! Prior to that, I think it would have graded around 61 or 62...what say others?

18. fish4uinmd

KO, I am new to coin collecting (numismatics), but rule #1 is: NEVER clean a coin...rule #2 is: refer back to rule #1.

19. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

OK, OK, she's learned not to shine the coin! Not a big deal this time (not a rare dollar - hell, I'd give a couple bucks over spot like it is). Now about that old gun you found..... tell me more por favor! Oh, and welcome - numismatics has been fun for me for about half a century now!

20. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

You will learn a lot here, so let this Morgan be a teaching moment in what not to do with coins. We have all made mistakes in our collecting career, and learned from it. Have fun collecting coins, and find something you like, and collect it. Buy the red book, and find a good local coin shop.

21. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Bravo...I think I love you. Collecting is fun, I've been doing it for about 60 years now and just recently bought a bunch from one of the 5/$1 bins at a flea market dealer simply because I thought they were interesting. Stick around, don't be too sensitive, cause some of the people who bite are not bad guys, they just don't have patience (or love to argue). Take more pictures. BTW, the silver dollar DOES look cool...whizzed (polished till they shine) coins have been popular in past years.

Draft saved Draft deleted