1875 SEATED LIBERTY QUARTER / WHAT GRADE AND HOW MUCH ITS WORTH?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Shanepicou, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Shanepicou

Shanepicou New Member

Hello I seen this coin on ebay and i want to know how much its worth and what grade would it get. I dont want to buy it for more then i can sell it for, s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rheingold

Rheingold Well-Known Member

AU with old cleaning, some hairlines and recently retoned. Not problem free.....

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

AU details

USS656 likes this.
  5. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

AU Details. Cleaned.

If it came over-the-counter, I would probably want to pay about $50.00 for it. The cleaning may downgrade it's value by a full grade depending on how much the buyer can put up with cleaning. Coin Dealer Newsletter bid in XF is $53.00.

I'm just thinking out loud.

6. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Even with the hits on the obverse and the old cleaning, it's a nice looking coin! I agree with the statements above.

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

It's been up since February, and it's just been marked down by a whopping 8% from its original price of $145. If it were a good flip opportunity, I'm pretty sure someone would've bought it before now.

If a coin looks like a bargain to you, but it's been up for a long time, maybe everybody else who looked at it (and decided not to buy it) was wrong. But probably not.

8. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

This is important. The good coins aren't on the market for more than a few days.

Even if the surfaces weren't problematic - which they plainly are, it's very unlikely that a natural toning process would be so little advanced after more than 125 years - the gouge left of the head would probably be enough to have it adjudicated a Details coin. I can't say from just these images that I'm positive it's circulated, but enough evidence exists that it has to be one's default judgement. Therefore, to go as high as $100 for the coin (not that I would), it would need to be in a reputable slab.

You don't make money on this one unless you get it for $50.

Draft saved Draft deleted