1873 s no arrows seated Seated dime

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Charthom51, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Transferred from what? Another counterfeit? A transfer die from a real coin would look a LOT better than this thing does.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

That's exactly what I think; transfer from another fake, which may have been transferred from another; mush begets mushier mush.

4. Long Beard

Long Beard Well-Known Member

From one who is currently six years into completion of this denomination series, as mentioned, none are known to have been struck at San Francisco without arrows. There are only two 1873 no arrows , Philadelphia and the very elusive and costly Carson City.

5. halfcent1793

halfcent1793 Well-Known Member

I agree. Poorly made fake and not from transfer dies unless it was a transfer from another fake. Even the border beads don't look anything like a US Mint product.

6. Muzzman

Muzzman Member

Believe no one on here about it. Not one person on here knows anything about the seated liberty dimes. As a matter of fact, there's die strikes that are not recorded. Do yourself a favor and do in depth research on them. There is a company that is requesting that you send in the dimes for further evaluation so if you do or don't have an fake it can be recorded either way.

7. Muzzman

Muzzman Member

Only one known to exist from Carson City. I have a 1973 Carson City one and I have to send it out. Not one fake CC dime is recorded anywhere. So either I have a second CC or I have the first fake and I really don't see it being a fake. I have 5 other dimes of different years with the same die strikes. Not all are key dates and I don't see why anyone would make a fake of a none key date, but anything is possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted