1872 seated liberty $1 slightly altered

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Mainebill, May 9, 2014.

1. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

image.jpg image.jpg I previewed a local auction one thing they listed was a 1872 seated dollar when I saw it it was with a bunch of junk silver wondered why until I saw it at first I was dissapointed cause it was a coin I'd really like then I realized it was kinda fun and a period alteration and I left a bid on it (to the mods sorry if it's too much but it is how the coin looks pm me if it's over the top)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Hubba hubba!
    Eyes Bulging.jpg

4. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

Yikes! I didn't know there were any DD varieties for silver dollars!

5. Mainebill

Could be called the liberty seated on a chamber pot variety!!

josh's coins likes this.
  6. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Funny !!!!!

7. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Ive seen these before, its nothing new. Its humorous though.

8. Mainebill

If you look tho even in my crappy pics is clearly a real and once fairly high grade seated dollar is a shame but a good laugh anyway
    ive seen the contemporary copies and tokens and lower denomination coins altered but never seen a seated dollar altered this way

9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

They already are... it's a "potty dollar".

Jwt708, CBJesse and rzage like this.
  10. Ed Sims

Ed Sims Well-Known Member

It is actually a very collectible piece and definitely worth a lot more than junk silver.

11. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

If you are going into coin dealing save that one and put it in a display case. it will turn a few heads at coin shows.

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Yes a potty dollar, many are crude, some are VERY well done. they also come on other denominations. I've seen every seated denomination except a potty half dime. And they can get quite pricey, especially for the lower denominations.

13. Mainebill

Which is why I left a bid far over the junk value is mixed in with a bunch of 60s vintage Washington quarters

14. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

Most of the one's I've seen are made from Trade Dollars and usually sell for over $100. Liberty's posture seems to beg for a caption, like, "Honey, can you bring some toilet paper?"

Mainebill likes this.
  15. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Really?! I never would have guessed. I knew of about Hobo Nickels, but "Potty Dollars"?

Color me surprised!

16. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Never heard of these before either! Good luck with your bid.

17. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

@Mainebill now you have to complete the set. Then you can put them in a display case and hang them up in your bathroom. That's the perfect decor right there.

18. Mainebill

Would be perfect for my bathroom which includes a vintage r. Crumb tommy toilet poster and a roll of generic toilet tissue for cheap ***holes (on the label) among other things tho I'm 38 I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old

19. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

61. My wife still doesn't understand why the Three Stooges and fart jokes are funny.

Mainebill likes this.
  20. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I thought they were funny too . . . when I was 8.

21. Mainebill

Love em have been known to have incredible amounts of fun with a remote control fart machine too!

Draft saved Draft deleted