1870 nickel

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Coinneseur, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

Sleeping at the bottom of my rust bucket, was this.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

what does your poll mean?

4. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

It was meant for another post that I started then ended up finding this nic before vaccuuming the nick out of my DD (daily driver) saving it from going in to the world full of everything that will rust, scratch, touch, dent, touched again, bend, make a tool out of it, you name it and it has been done, you imagined it? Every idea we all can brainstorm that can happen to a coin, unnatural or naturally, coincidental or not, it has been done... that is what google and youtube is for. Ha. But if I can somewhat tone down the every possibilities the world can hand out to deter the breakdown of this material of the elements and compounds used to make this coin, keep it looking presentable, and maybe one day someone may need it or want it and get more than what it is truly worth, why not? It is only change...right? Coins are the only change we can always hold on to, let go as we wish, and pay for as much as we see fit (situations vary) because we charge twice that if we ever decide to sell the change. Stay posted for more pictures of pennies, nickels, dimes, with the purpose and intent of categorizing my collection by value, date, and era/generation it was minted. Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  5. trussell

trussell Active Member

He has a relative in Warsaw?

coinsareus10 likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The coin in question has toned dark so it's difficult to see the details from a photo. When I try to blow the photo larger it becomes blurry. 1870 is what the date looks like. If so, that is a tough date for Shield Nickels. Given the wear and dark toning it would be in the $15.00 range. Welcome to CT.

Coinneseur likes this.
  7. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

Thank you very much for your feedback, input and hospitality! It is greatly appreciated. Salut!

Draft saved Draft deleted