1865 3cn

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by gronnh20, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Bill1517

Bill1517 Active Member

A beauty.... nice job

gronnh20 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone that commented I appreciate it. I really do value everyone's comments.

I really try to buy the coin instead of the plastic. When I check ebay against my purchase it is for grade purposes only. I try to go to shows prepared with pricing of coins I would look to buy. This coin though was not on my list. It just popped out at me when I was looking through the dealer's case. I put a loupe on it and I bought. I was in the market at the show for high grade Roosevelt dimes.

Seattlite86 and wxcoin like this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

It's funny how that happens at a show ,your sights are set on one item and another pops up.
    You made a good purchase checking values on line.
    It is funny how there's a coin in a case that just pops! Making everything around it look sub par. Congrats on your find..... sweet pick up.

gronnh20 likes this.
  5. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

That's the fun part of going to coin shows. Sometimes a coin you never considered gets your attention and excitement. That's what's great about the hobby. If you can find more coins like that one you shouldn't be disappointed.

gronnh20 likes this.
  6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

This is a beautiful coin.
    Outstanding.

7. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Ain't limited to coin shows. I was cruising Ebay for Lincolns earlier this month, and ended up starting a collection of Canadian Large Cents. :confused:

Paddy54 and wxcoin like this.
  8. Honest-Ab

Honest-Ab Member

Draft saved Draft deleted