1863 Civil War Token

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Soapy Smith, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Soapy Smith

Soapy Smith New Member

Ran across this Civil War Token and I've been unable to get any information on it. I'm used to the "Not One Cent" back but this one has a "One Cent" back. Similar to an Indian Head Penny but not quite. Anyone know where I can find more info? I've tried Google and I've tried Google Image Search as well. I've found some for sale on eBay but nothing with info on it. (sorry for the bad iPhone pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cwtokenman

cwtokenman Coin Hoarder

Hi Soapy, Your cwt is the "NOT ONE CENT" type, it is just that someone (very likely back in its circulating days) tried to remove the "NOT" in an attempt to make the token more "legitimate". I have seen this done on a couple dozen cwts, and I have a few of them in my collection.

4. Soapy Smith

Soapy Smith New Member

Cool! Thanks for your help!

5. George A

George A New Member

Hope one of you could help me with a 1863 Indian head whose back was polished off and a name was written beautifully in script with a date. Don't know why this was done. Any help would be beneficial.
    Thanks
    George

6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Hi george. Start your own.thread in the coin chat section and add pics of it. It's called a love token. We'll discuss it in the seperate thread you create

Draft saved Draft deleted