1862 confederate penny uncirculated

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Jesse P, Jan 2, 2010.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Niko, in the post below on another thread, you said you have read the redbook thoroughly. There is a section in it concerning the 1861 Confederate cent? There is no reference in it to a real 1862 cent.

http://www.cointalk.com/t86135/#post776982
    Maybe there are more discerning numismatists on the Collectors Universe forum.
    http://forums.collectors.com/categories.cfm?catid=26

You could post your original posting there and see what answers you get.

Jim

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Niko

Niko Junior Member

the 1862 cent is indeed real but very rare!! It is so rare that none have been featuring in the red book so I have used mein expirience to authenitcate the coin!! :)

4. CoinKeeper

CoinKeeper Keeper of Coins

HAHAHAHAAAA, you are a numismatic failure

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If you use the search button in the above menu bar, you will find that several have shown up here before. If you search the internet, you will find none that have been called real ( except ebay maybe). If you search the auction house archives, you will find no 1862 confederate cents. I have no idea what experience you are saying you have that is lacking in others here with other opinions. However, you have the right to your own opinion. Unfortunately others with the same token (IMO) may read this thread and be swayed by it, or new collectors may think it really is a rarity and pay large sums to get one, all which would be unfortunate to them. It is not a real confederate cent!

Jim

6. Jesse P

Jesse P eagle eye

hi desert gem.what is a redbook?sorry im a little new to the coin world i have a little knowledge but thats about it

7. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Why continue this travesty?

8. CoinKeeper

Stop trolling as Niko and maybe you'll get some respect on the forum.

A redbook is a value guide to American coins.

9. TheBigH

TheBigH Senior Member

I know who Niko was, and it was not Jesse P. You can ask Doug if you don't believe me.

10. TheBigH

TheBigH Senior Member

By the way, your coin is not genuine Jesse. I don't know about the copper cent, but the Confederate cent is absolutely a restrike. Sorry to inform you.

11. CoinCast

CoinCast Member

lol that was just funny sorry :mouth::) Best thing i read all day

12. cris11

cris11 Hakuna Matata

Du sprachst deutsch? Diese ist wunderbar! Abbe, ich denke du verstehst mich nicht ...

13. Jesse P

Jesse P eagle eye

coin keeper,lol i am not niko?why would you speculate that?i dont need your respect.im pretty well respected.lol but i have nothing to prove on here i was simply sharing my info with you guys and asking questions.i talked to someone at the museum were the dies are kept for those coins and they are checking it out next week.why dont you google search jesse pitner and see how respected i am lol good luck partner:)

14. cris11

cris11 Hakuna Matata

Which museum is that?

15. Jesse P

Jesse P eagle eye

smithsonian in washington d.c.

16. CoinKeeper

I don't care how respected you are anywhere else, but you were very disrespectful here to anyone's help and consideration. You gave a horrible first impression by claiming you knew better then anyone that wanted to help you with your coin.

17. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

OK guy's lets cool it down a bit :hug:

18. CoinKeeper

19. Jesse P

Jesse P eagle eye

the reason im here is because i dont know.i took a lot of advice and im glad you guys helped me.i mean no disrespect in your community.it is getting checked out by a pro.if its real i will post if its fake i will throw it in the trash its that simple.i have some coins that are valuable to me that are real mistakes im glad to share with lets end this post and start our journy to what we like to do is talk coins

20. CoinKeeper

Thanks for your honesty

21. ten-cents

ten-cents Senior Member

If you think this was bad, don't go over to our neighbors at CU...they'd pulverize this thread. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted