1854 Indian princess gold dollar with reverse die clash?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Daulton, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Daulton

Daulton Active Member

IMG_1771.jpeg IMG_1807.jpeg IMG_1808.jpeg IMG_1809.jpeg So guys I had posted this coin a few years back asking about it and got lots of info, but my pictures were subpar and I’ve just gotten some new pictures and see what looks to me like a second Indian princess head in the background of the reverse, it is holed not notched and I did not do it lol just fyi because that was a big issue on the first posting. I cannot find anything online about it but that’s definitely what it looks like to me, any and all opinions and input welcome! Thank you!

-jeffB and Michael K like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Hi Daulton... I have one that like yours displays a very cool die clash. I carried it in to my dealer some years back to ask him about it. My dealer has an encyclopedic knowledge of coins.... He told me that die clashes were pretty common on the small denomination gold strikes. Still very cool though. I love mine.

gold dollar.jpeg

Cheech9712, -jeffB, Michael K and 3 others like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I have a complete die clash on that denomination, just not sure of the year. Very common on this series.

5. Daulton

Daulton Active Member

I would love to see that! There’s also some doubling present on the reverse of the coin and I got a couple of better picture of the clash as well IMG_1830.jpeg IMG_1826.jpeg IMG_1825.jpeg IMG_1828.jpeg IMG_1827.jpeg IMG_1836.png

-jeffB and Collecting Nut like this.
  6. Collecting Nut

7. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

What is a complete die clash. I gotta see this

8. Collecting Nut

Look at my last photo. The Princess Head is completely indentured on the reverse. 1 DOLLAR and the Date are upside down. Her profile surrounds them.

Cheech9712 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted