1854 A 5 centimes

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Lugia, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Lugia

Lugia ye olde UScoin enthusiast

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

The catalog price for that coin is $28 in Unc, and there were 28,767,000 struck.
    I wouldn`t pay what that seller is offering it at if it was slabbed or unslabbed.
    If it was mine and I was selling it on eBay I would list it at £0.99 and let the market decide.

jello likes this.
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

$28 price is just for UNC. this coin is MS-65 it all comes down to demand. how bad do you want it for your collection ? the supply. it might be the top population for NGC. how about PCGS ?? look at other simular coins on ebay that have already been sold to get a feel for what they are worth. it's a great looking coin.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  5. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

Here is mine. UNC or AUNC, as I suppose. I've payed 25 dollars for it.

Attached Files:

• 119.jpg
      119.jpg
      File size:
      102.6 KB
      Views:
    • 120.jpg
      120.jpg
      File size:
      102.7 KB
      Views:
    spirityoda and jello like this.
  6. TJC

TJC Well-Known Member

I agree with Spirityoda.

spirityoda likes this.
  7. daveydempsey

Oh yeah I forgot MS 65.o_O
    Where is the Catalog price in MS ?
    When this coin was struck at the Paris Mint it was Uncirculated just like all its brothers and sisters, it has remained in Uncirculated or at least About Uncirculated and didn`t morph into a different grade just because some people in the US decided to enclose it in a plastic coffin and print some lettering on a sticker.
    The seller states "Finest Known" ist that just in the US because I bet there are many similar in France.

jello likes this.
  8. Lugia

alright I decided to do some more lookin. I found this http://www.ebay.fr/itm/S38-Second-Empire-5-centimes-Napoleon-1854-A-TTB-/161146271170?
    and this http://www.ebay.fr/itm/5-Centimes-Napoleon-III-tete-nue-1854B-MS62-Certification-NGC-/291065220554?pt=FR_GW_Monnaies_PiècesFrancs&hash=item43c4d6cdca
    and this http://www.ebay.fr/itm/10-CENTIMES-NAPOLEON-III-TETE-NUE-1854-W-LILLE-SUP-/221303338107?pt=FR_GW_Monnaies_PiècesFrancs&hash=item3386b4f47b
    I guess for something minted that much what other countries really started making a big deal about grading and the system that most people deal by here. the first one looks good for the money. the 2nd one looks over graded. the 3rd one looks weird.. and 130 euros is 176 bucks. im not gonna say theres a better deal but as for now there isn't a better looking coin that ive seen.

btw that's a nice one siberian
    this is the only one ive got now and I haven't had time to setup to take decent pictures 100_2549.JPG 100_2550.JPG

9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I agree there might be more high grade coins in France. but there are so many for sale here. If I were you I would e-mail the seller and ask him or her why the price is so high. If this coin does not sell soon I would think he or she puts or best offer in with this high price.

10. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I agree there might be more high grade coins in France. but there are only so many for sale here. If I were you I would e-mail the seller and ask him or her why the price is so high. If this coin does not sell soon I would think he or she puts or best offer in with this high price.

11. Lugia

a "best offer" option is already there that's why im here - I don't know what a legitimate offer is. I mean the seller has over 20K perfect feedback and a member since 96. I know some about large cents and if any large cent looked that good it would be worth a lot more then that. I don't know if someone here is an expert on French coins but that piece definitely has character aside from being ms65. ive got a ms64 RB large cent that doesn't have that much luster.

12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

offer $100-150. I am not sure what it is worth.

13. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

offer $100-150. I am not sure what it is worth.

14. daveydempsey

15. Lugia

I already posted that one. its funny if I use google translate on the page it says VF++ when I must admit it looks unc even if it doesn't have the looks of the slabbed one.

Draft saved Draft deleted