1851 DOLLAR PRICE?(with indian head?)

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by valeriesalazar, Jul 1, 2009.

1. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

IT'S NOT REAL!!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

It's a fantasy coin (technically not even a coin). It never existed as an official monetary unit and is not collectible as far as coins go.

It's worth nothing except for the melt value of its metal.

Read the posts above yours in this thread. They all explain it very well.

4. Miguel Lara

Miguel Lara New Member

Well I have one of these coins found it on main street a few weeks ago. I thought it was real til I sewn this forum so it really isn't worth anything to anyone?

5. Rodney Chitwood

Rodney Chitwood New Member

I was going to buy one on Wish but decided against it.
    I do buy Chinese copies of early us pattern coins. But this one was not in Whitman’s Pattern book.

6. I have one too! Mine is silver tho. I know this based on the magnet test that it passed(it being NON-MAGNETIC), and the acid solution test that it also passed that came as part of my gold testing kit which has different acid solutions 2 authenticate different karats of gold including a platinum testing solution and a silver testing solution.

7. Stilllearning

Stilllearning New Member

I seen one today.it didn't stick to a magnet.it look very nice.excpect the edges

8. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

K

9. dhall10067

dhall10067 New Member

The 1851 Indian Head Dollar was NOT made in China. This is a big, internet bogus lie. They were actually minted in the U.S.

10. dhall10067

dhall10067 New Member

The 1851 Indian Head Dollar was NOT made in China. This is a big, internet bogus lie. They were actually minted in the U.S.

11. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

No, the mint never made an 1851 Indian head dollar gold coin. The genuine 1851 gold dollar was a Liberty head. The ones mentioned made in China are modern fakes.

12. dhall10067

dhall10067 New Member

If made in China where and when and who made them?

13. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Many of the modern fakes come from China. No way to know exactly who, when, where, only why is known. To make money.

14. dhall10067

dhall10067 New Member

They were made in the U.S. unofficially at U.S. mints by unofficial U. S. minters. The Chinese claimers just say this to blame outsiders. This is probably why we are 23 Trillion dollars in debt. Criminal mentality at the U.S. mints.

15. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, ChinaBot3000

16. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

If made in US where and when and who made them?

17. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

They could be made on mars, but it wouldn't change the truth that they have no more than "fun" value, and at that they are really ugly. US private mints used to make fake Indian imitation cents with collectors or dealers names on the back for calling cards at shows in the 70s ( sorry I have no idea where mine are at the moment), so they do not have to be official USMint made issue to be made in the US, China, or Mars. A 3-D engraving machine can pop them out. 10 years since the posts. Let it die in peace. jim

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  18. dre

dre New Member

so i have 1872 seated liberty... not sure if ral or not... when i search it all i see it with a shield and min has a world/globe its sitting on..

19. Boygno

Boygno New Member

how can i make a post? i have some pennys i would like you guys to take a look at and tell me if they are worth getting grading

20. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Not real.

21. Jose Gonzalez soto

Jose Gonzalez soto New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted