1846-o Seated Liberty Dollar... Real or No?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by kolhoznik, Mar 23, 2018.

1. kolhoznik

kolhoznik Member

I am looking at purchasing this seated liberty dollar. I would be interested to know some people's thoughts on the authenticity of this coin. My phone did not save the reverse of this coin but I'm going to try to go retake it today and will post it if I can. Also I would appreciate any thoughts on the imperfection running along the right side of the coin. How would it affect value?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

I don't see anything to indicate it to be counterfeit. It looks like something done got spilt on it (wax?.. I dunno.. kinda looks like a wax drip.. ), with some efforts at removal attempted.

4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Lools real. AU details environmental damage

5. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

From what I can see it looks genuine, but the "imperfection" cited looks like anything from streaky toning to significant enviro damage. I find it very distracting on the obverse. It could seriously affect the value. Seated dollars are tough to find problem free and hard to sell if not in a straight graded holder. proceed cautiously...

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Looks real to me.

7. kolhoznik

kolhoznik Member

Here are some more pictures.

8. kolhoznik

kolhoznik Member

Sorry photos are here

Attached Files:

9. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

No doubt real but I don’t like the streaks on the obverse. I’d call it xf 45. But I also think it may be cleaned years ago and retoned

ksparrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted