1842 and 1844 large Cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by stepthenwho, Apr 6, 2012.

1. stepthenwho

stepthenwho New Member

What are they worth?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

I know very little about all the dates of a large cent. I know even less when I don't have my redbook. All I can say is that I have seen more large cents in the past hour than I have in any given week, maybe month!

4. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

5. stepthenwho

stepthenwho New Member

I have a redbook but I also know that you can not go by Red Book pricing they are alway very high! What I was hopeing for is for a Large Cent collector which I know there are some that vist this site could give me an idea of the price of each coin I should ask if i put them up for sale! This is a Forum for What is it Worth!

6. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I would ask about $30.00 for the 1842 and about $20.00 for the 1844 due to the surface corrosion on the obverse.

7. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Personally I would put all the coins in the $5 to $60 range, with most in the lower half. I did not see anything special and most were corroded, damaged or recolored based of the looks in the pictures. The only reason I went so high is a couple looked problem free. I also did not take time to even attribute any of them.

8. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

I know a redbook is overpriced. The point of it would be to work with the grading, and the bit about a lot of large cents was to compliment the extent of your collection. I apologize for the mistaken offense you found in my comment.

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

And if you plan or want to put them up for sale then you need to follow the forum rules. Or else you and me are going to have a problem.

Follow the rules, won't be any problems at all ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted