1832 Capped Bust Half (great shape-damaged/bent)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Bonedigger, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

This will make you cry. Here is a beautiful but fire damaged :( 1832 CBH which I bought some time ago when I'd started agressivelly collecting the series. I'd made a purchase from a seller (can't remember his darn name) from the Berne-Altmont/Knox, Ny area and he threw in the coin as a little something extra for a little extra cash, LOL.

The coin susposedly was found among others when digging to pour a foundation for a local post office in the 1970s. The half is in good shape but has been in a fire; bent with blackening on the reverse. The other coins were in simlar shape I understand.

Take Care
    Ben
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Ben:
    Nice, too bad about the fire.
    I have seen others like this found metal detecting, sometimes from the fertilizers in the soil.

4. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Fertilizers eh? I'll bet you're right. All those alkaline chemicals and other nasty stuff...

Take Care
    Ben

5. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Man! It is a very nice coin though. Only if it wasn't burned. If it wasn't in the state it is in, what would it grade do you think?

Phoenix :cool:

6. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

I'd say it would go XF/AU if it wasn't damaged. It's bent like one of those thin little 1/2 dimes are sometimes. Kinda looks like a potato chip when on the side. :)

Take Care
    Ben

7. JeromeLS

JeromeLS Coin Fanatic

I have never seen a half bent !!

100TH POST !

8. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

These halves are probably like potato chips. You can never have just one lol.:D Still, a neat conversation piece. Thanks for showing it!

Phoenix :cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted