1825 Capped Bust Half Dollar $50

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coinzip, Nov 17, 2017.

1. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

You walk into the local B&M or see this ole gal that has obviously had a tough life, but she wears a price tag of $50.

What would you do?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

walk away, yes that coin has some wear but the deep scratch on her hair to the face is a real letdown and also the toning looks very ugly to me.

coinzip likes this.
  4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

punt.

too high a price for that scratch

coinzip likes this.
  5. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Pass.

coinzip likes this.
  6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Yeah if this is an R 5. O-109. I drop $50 on it or make an offer....tougher coin to find.
    There was a time I wouldn't pull the trigger on a coin as such...however with type coins especially rarer type coins,and varieties, I've have found myself less picky to obtain coins as such... yeah she's not a head turner good looker...but her numbers are right.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  7. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

If it is a very rare variety, avidly sought by CBH nuts, and if I too were an avid seeker of such, and if in looking at my projected life expectancy I might not run across another any time soon, I would spring for it. Otherwise, no thanks.

Paddy54 likes this.
  8. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

Although the same reverse die it's 110, not 109. Quick pickup between the two...
    on the 109 the point of the 2 in the date points directly at the I in Liberty--on the 110 it points at star 10.

Point of interest (at least to me) this same reverse die was later used on the R-6 1827 O-137.

Paddy54 likes this.
  9. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Thanks appreciate the information.

10. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

PAss big time - you can get a nice vf bust for around that price

11. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

Unless it’s a rare variety I would have no desire to own a problem coin in a series with so many inexpensive problem free examples to choose from.

12. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

If you like, it was a good deal. It wouldn't make me pull out a 50, but I'm not into Bust Halves.
    If I had a woman that looked like her that said I could take her home for $50, I would get out of that part of town pretty fast!

Draft saved Draft deleted