1822 Capped Bust Half Dollar O-1111 -- Your Opinions

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Bonedigger, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Got this baby in the mail today, it's attribution is an O-111 (R2) with the rough patch beneath the left wing. Chime in with your opinions if you've got some.

Thanks For Looking
    Ben
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Ben:
    I like it.
    And isn't it possible that the 'rough patch' is from the die?

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's a nice coin and I would bet it's a bit darker in hand.
    I see several rough spots from the image but feel this is mostly from the size of the image and the lighting. At the same time much of the detail on the high points are being lost by the lighting.

5. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Yes Frank the die had a corrosion problem.

Ben

6. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Larry,

Chuckle, a coin photographer I'm not that's for sure... :) I use a table lamp and a handheld Sony FD-91 which uses the 3.5" floppy disk, LOL... :)

Ben

7. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Very nice - I would go with F15. The slight glare made me squint. You should probably send it to me so I can make use of my nice new big book and verify your attribution. :)

8. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Woah now..., let me enjoy it a little. Took me long enough to get her, because of the long (last) weekend and the fact I only paid $2.65 for shipping. Next, I've got to mount in in the old BCDHDC folder, ;)

Ben

9. mark_h

See how much trouble I could save you - no mounting, no hurting your eyese looking at it. And heck I'll even send 5.30 for s&h - look you doubled your shipping money. :) I can't seem to find one I want - of course I did win a 1806 knobbed six, large stars - actually it was a fluke. I had more than two browsers going on heritage at the time and bid on the wrong coin. LOL - thats what I get. :) Worst part is I am doing it now while I type this response.

10. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

LOL, that picture is bright. Hang on a bit....

11. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

How's this? Looks like it's got a serious case of verdigris, which is HTF on silver. Probably because of that .89% and 11% silver/copper mixture, LOL...

[​IMG]

12. mark_h

LOL - no I know you should send it to me. All that green won't match that silver in your set. :)

13. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

!!!!!!! MONSTER TONED !!!!!!! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted