1809 reverse 6 1/2 cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Thanos Father, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Thanos Father

Thanos Father New Member

How much you would sell for and how much you would pay? And is it real? 20200703_001306.jpg 20200703_001257.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Thanos Father

Thanos Father New Member

This one is inverted 9 and heavy coin damage. Look like another coin was on top and pressed by something seriously heavy.

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Yes, it looks like it got smashed against another coin in a vise or something like that. That appears to be post-mint damage (albeit somewhat interesting damage).

I see no reason to doubt the authenticity of the coin.

5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

PS- I don't see traces of the 9/6 overdate? The coin looks to have VG details to me. An undamaged example lists for $68 in G4 and $74 in VG per Numismedia (retail). The overdate would be $73 in G4 and $90 in VG8.

But you'll have to deduct considerably from those numbers to account for the damage. I'd guesstimate it as a $30-40 coin as-is.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The title made me think it was a 6 1/2 cent coin. lol It's notvthe overdate variety. It's damaged so not worth very much. Welcome to CT.

7. Thanos Father

Thanos Father New Member

I looked the damaged under a scope and I can read "17". Looks like it was damaged during very early 19th century.

Draft saved Draft deleted