1809 1/2 c rotated die question.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bargainbidder, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Well-Known Member

Hello again,
    I needed expert opinions on this coin I am interested in trying to purchase. It is slabbed and states rotated die cleaned. I just like the degree of rotation reverse was struck at but don't want to over bid. Any idea as to what the max bid this cleaned coin with a nice rotation strike I should not go beyond? Am I allowed to ask this type of question? I cropped the grading company and registered serial number just in case it is not.

Attached Files:

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Sure it is.

You definitely can show it. It would allow us to look up the certification number for any extra information.

Nice rotation. If you think about it there is really no telling which side is actually rotated. ;)

Bargainbidder likes this.
  4. Bargainbidder

Thanks paddyman, it still has 6 days left and not sure what would be a fair price so I can put away for one of the grandkids. 20211124_181350.jpg

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Arrrrrg.. Details grade :yack:

$60 - $75 is my price

6. Bargainbidder

Thanks again paddyman. If I'm able to purchase it I am planning to include historical fact that James Madison was country's 4th President and Illinois territory was created hoping grandchild will learn about country's history from reading a book and not some web page...lol

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

1809 C-6 R-1 Rotated dies are not that unusual on this variety and it comes with the rev rotated at various amounts. In later die states the rev legend tends to be very weak.

Draft saved Draft deleted