1808 east india company

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by valindil, Jan 2, 2007.

1. valindil

valindil New Member

i recently found an 1808 east india company x .cash coin and was wandering what it is worth

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Valindil,this 10 Cash coin is actually a very common coin,as a whole hoard of them found on the wreck of the 'Admiral Gardner',which sank on its was to Bombay.

Welcome aboard.

Aidan.

4. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT and have to agree with Aiden, quite a common coin, but a nice start to a collection :thumb: whatever you do though please dont clean it or it will loose most of what value it has.

De Orc :D

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

valindil:
    Welcome.

6. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

man i am looking to buy British India coins in high grade silver rupees does anyone know a good dealer or website. There are simply 2 many forgeries out there on eBay.

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Try this thread - HERE

8. Mikjo0

Mikjo0 Numismatist

And it only got a little distance from England before it sank on Goodwind Sands off the Straits of Dover.
    I bought one several years ago from London Coin Gallery with a COA verifying that it was a wreck recovery coin and it cost me about $20 if I remember correctly.Probably too much but it's interesting,history wise.:)
    The ship was recovered in 1985 and it's cargo was found in wax sealed kegs which accounts for their remarkable condition despite 198 years in salt water.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted