1806 Bust Half

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by DJP7x0s, Jun 14, 2009.

1. DJP7x0s

DJP7x0s Sometimes Coins Arouse Me

I know very little about these. Can anyone attribute this one for me??? Also, notice that this one has been plugged. What kind of value does it have being plugged, compared to untouched an origional, no hole???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

No time to attribute it now, but I would put the value between $100 to $200. If the damaged area was as nice as the rest of the coin then I would have graded it between VF30/XF40 - put the coin around $1000(give or take a couple hundred). Just my opinion.

4. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

Finding early bust halves in nice condition, even problem coins, is a bit of a tough search. It could be worth quite a bit to the right person.

5. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

O-115A

I would agree that it should be int eh 100-150 range price wise. The whole top of the obverse is missing, (Liberty)

To bad, it had nice details..

6. DJP7x0s

DJP7x0s Sometimes Coins Arouse Me

Hey thanks for the help guys.

7. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

OUCH! Oh man, this coin had great details to it, and LIBERTY just went missing...
    Well don't worry about it, you have a $100 coin, maybe a little more, and it is a beautiful one, even with some of the obverse missing... :)

8. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

It would probably be worth more if the hole was left alone , then refilled professionaly . Still a nice coin with lots of detail .
    rzage

9. Irespire

Irespire Senior Member

I think someone would probably pay a lot more than $150 for that. I've seen junky AG-VG coins go for that much.

Draft saved Draft deleted