1799 dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wesdavidson, May 21, 2009.

1. wesdavidson

wesdavidson Member

Got my 1799 dollar in the mail today! VF, nice eye appeal,:smile buxom lass, magnetic personality. came with 2 free Hong Kong stamps. :rolleyes:

Paid $2.90 for shipping, $.10 for the coin.

Funny though, this could be a sad story if it was at a show in a slab, it isn't marked as a copy, the magnetic metal content is the only way for a newby to tell it isn't real.

I got it so I could tell what this particular 'replica' looks like. On this one the hair looks tooled and there is clash above the 99, the 2nd star up on the right is weak and the 3rd star up on the left. also the s below the beak is almost invisible, while the rest of the banner is quite clear and deep. -Some originals are this way, but unlikely to be identical. like watching for identical serial numbers on bills.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

Can you post some pics. I could be good reference to see some traits of this replica.

4. wesdavidson

wesdavidson Member

5. wesdavidson

wesdavidson Member

Here is the front, it has a few weak stars etc, the back looks just like the published pics.

6. wesdavidson

wesdavidson Member

sorry, color me blind, I was completely missed the missing "liberty"!
    I was looking too much at the finish and strike. -and the missing "copy"
    It has the hair like the 1804. probably using the same hob for this "replica".
    Hope this saves someone from having to explain a "new rare die variety".

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted