1798 coin

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Muzzman, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Muzzman

Muzzman Member

You have no clue about the places in this town that sells fake stuff. You don't think it's possible that maybe someone else bought them from one of them places and found out later that they was fake and just tossed when they should have been tossed in a scrap pile? This app is no different than Facebook when it comes to people insulting people they don't know.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Muzzman

Muzzman Member

You're absolutely wrong on that! I have done metal detecting for a long time and find many coins on the ground in grass and not in the ground. You need to learn more about metal detecting and finding coins before you speak that none sense to me.

4. Muzzman

Muzzman Member

The next thing, you all are going to say they never made a aluminum penny.

5. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

I have a fake one (same place yours came from), and I have seen a real one.

6. TypeCoin971793

Do you have pictures of the find spots? I didn’t think so.

Your behavior is very similar to many cons I have interacted with. “Found this in my wall,” “Inherited from Grandpa,” “Found metal detecting,” etc, etc, etc.

7. goossen

goossen Senior Member

May I ask where you find the coins? I mean city or country.

I’m asking in good spirit. I always like interesting stories on how the coins are found where they are found.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Only 3 reasons to lie:
    1. Lack of self confidence and self worth, so as to make yourself seem more important and valuable. AKA: Attention seeking behavior.
    2. To deceive others for your own personal or financial advantage.
    3. Fear of embarrassment, shame, or consequences.

9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Here's my real one, OP. For comparison.
    draped1 (1).JPG

10. TypeCoin971793

Look at all of these coins my grandmother gave to me. Don’t you dare tell me that I am lying. Because I know where I got them and I am totally not a con. Only a shallow-minded con would insinuate that I am lying. You can’t prove I am lying, so I am telling the truth.

CDCECBA2-8005-43B9-B041-6A14FA7790F1.jpeg

See how ridiculous that sounds?

ZoidMeister likes this.
  11. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Fake is fake people it's not our business to blame or accuse our CT member. Be nice!

C-B-D likes this.
  12. Malleus Maleficarum

Malleus Maleficarum Well-Known Member

I've used metal detectors since the 70's, so yeah, there's that.

13. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

We're proud of you for coming out of the closet. I think, if I'm not mistaken, that you were the first to use that word . . . . .

YOU were the first to use the word opposite of PRO. You ain't no pro, that's for sure . . . . .

1. Implausible deniability
    2. This is a website, not an app
    3. This place is TOTALLY different from Facebook. Zoid simply does not do eFaceCraigsBookListBay . . . . . . .

I especially like that rare 1986 5/16" SAE unstruck "planchette" . . . . . . .

upload_2020-8-19_15-11-6.png

14. DBDc80

DBDc80 Numismatist

15. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

16. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Does that one in the middle have that (what ever guy name) effect

ZoidMeister likes this.
  17. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

@Muzzman You still haven't said if it was dug, or if it was a surface find?

Generally, if you say it was found metal detecting and don't clarify otherwise, people will assume it was buried. Finding 2 counterfeit coins (the 32D quarter found in a river posted in another thread) is rather unusual, and your responses don't inspire confidence. Why didn't you just say something like, "It was found on the surface in a public park" or whatever the actually happened. That would have shut down any attacks on your motives. But for some reason, you continue to dance around it. And the more dancing you do you, the fishier this story sounds.

18. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

It looks like you have been using your metal detector in a place that has been "salted." The first fake coin could not have been in the ground for very long.

19. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

You're not going to get an answer from the troll, at least not one that satisfies.

Don't forget, he didn't "find" the last one he posted, it was given to him by a "friend" . . . . .

Z

20. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

21. DBDc80

DBDc80 Numismatist

ZoidMeister likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted