1797 7x6 star dollar

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Coinneseur, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

1797 silver? Dollar coin with 7x6 stars. Anyone know how much these are going for? Cheers! image.jpg image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I think it's fake.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

5. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

There are a few varieties of this coin with different star patterns on the left and right of the liberty. 7x6 being one of rarest amongst them as per what I had read from 2nd and on google searches... hahaha I am open for truth and facts but it is indeed a very cool coin... if it ends up being fake, which I can accept but by seeing what the gentleman had in his collection, kind of pushes me on the really real side of the scale... thank you for your and reply. Cheers!

6. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

Its the coins I had lost to acquire this one if it were to be fake, is like taking a low blow from mike tyson in his prime multiplyed by 7x6... ouch.

7. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

I’m no expert on this series but this screams fake to me

Kentucky and Coinneseur like this.
  8. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

No chance on it being printed before the 1798 dollar? For it has the same eagle...

9. frankjg

Coins aren’t printed, they are minted.

Did you weigh it?

Coinneseur likes this.
  10. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

11. frankjg

12. frankjg

What did you give up for it?

Coinneseur likes this.
  13. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

A real one is valuable.

Kentucky and Coinneseur like this.
  14. AnonymousCoinCollector

AnonymousCoinCollector Reintroduce silver coins to circulation!

15. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

1 1999 wide, 1 copper 1982 small date no mint, 1 zinc 1982 small date no mind, 1 zinc small date with mint, and 1 copper 1982 with only the upper half of the 2 showing and the bottom half is none existent... letters are suspect to being the 1982 everybody wants. but, half a number does not make it legible enough to claim it to be it.

Attached Files:

16. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  17. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

18. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

In this case, the weight doesn't matter. It is obvious to any experienced collector that it's a fake. It isn't even close to looking like an authentic example. Go to the PCGS or Heritage auction sites and compare yours to real coins. You'll easily see the difference

Coinneseur and Clawcoins like this.
  19. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

Gentlemen, I see your points and I am taking them in like bits in data... I already wrote the person I dealt with an email/text that clearly states that, he won in the deal, when we both agreed that we both will feel triumphant... him, I presume he is content, probably laughing at how he handled me... but myself, me as a reflection, and I being my shadow, is really taking this experience to heart and I will learn from this, and prosper... but that’s another story/lessons in a form of a few kicks on the nuts,that probably belongs in another page called “I offered these, nuts for the other dude to kick on or AKA I let him/her get away with these for this, or you may know the page called, butthurt/I wanted a fake coin.” Lol

Kentucky likes this.
  20. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

875E5B85-349D-4465-B3C5-368641011F7F.jpeg 8258B763-554D-4B37-9E29-509DCC9A57DB.jpeg Anyone know if this is real or not?

21. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

That looks like a real albeit damaged large cent. That being said, I am not super familiar with the series.

Coinneseur likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted