1796 US Type Set AU+ Progressing nicely

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by LostDutchman, Aug 31, 2010.

1. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I wanted to bring this thread back to life because there is an outside chance that the half cent slot may be filled tomorrow. I am supposed to look at a PCGS graded example while I am here at FUN. Keep your fingers crossed.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Hope it's good enough. Have fun. :)

4. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

Stunning coins. Thanks for posting them for all of us to see and appreciate. Please, keep us updated when new (old) coins are added to this set.

Bruce

5. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

Well, lets see, I have the cent, the dime and the dollar. Just missing the half dollar, the half cent, the half dime the half eagle, and the ..............oh well...

BEAUTIFUL set Matt! Nice eye your customer and you have. Those are beautiful coins. Congrats.

Reminds me a little of the John Whitney collection. A collector who specialized on the year 1796 and managed to assemble EVERY single federal issue for the year 1796. Including all Cent varieties (both Draped Bust and Liberty Cap), all dollar varieties. For that matter, as far as I can remember, all varieties of all coins minted in the year 1796.

One comment Matt, I can imagine it makes sense to include a 1796 Draped Bust Cent in your set as it is a distinct type from Liberty Cap you have included.

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

Wanna bet? ;)

7. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

Yes,

Sadly I did see the coin today and it was a coin I have previously passed on.... sigh...

The search continues.

8. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Sorry to hear that. Good luck!

9. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Well I hope the next one is a keeper , good luck .
    rzage

Draft saved Draft deleted