1796 NC-2 Large Cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Marshall, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

This pretty much boils down to how much you discount for being a ground find.

upload_2021-1-15_13-55-9.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Not bad for a ground coin.

4. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

Perhaps $2,500 to $3,000?

Heritage auctioned one that was worse for $1,440. Two others with less rough surfaces brought $5,760 and $7.050.

5. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

The last two were actually the same coin in two different sales and added by Noyes at CC#4 VG10 details net G5. The first one was the AG3 details net BS1.

So I'm thinking your opinion is a net grade of AG3 to Fr2 with the surfaces. I love my details, but I'm afraid the surfaces are too bad for a decent net grade.

Thank you very much for your opinion.

BTW, the Bird specimen in Noyes is a NC-3, so I don't know if this makes 10 or 11 known, depending of what that error was, wrong photo or wrong attribution.

6. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

Posting error

7. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

What a difference a couple of weeks makes. Two weeks ago, this was the most exciting thing in my life.

After two weeks with the Flu, it's just a piece of copper.

8. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

I think I'm getting over the flu. I'm back to being excited about the 1796 NC-2 again.

9. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

It looks like I may be doing two things I never thought I would do. First is Entombing my 1796 NC-2 and second, putting it on the market.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  10. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

2 1796 NC-2.jpg Tue Aug 17 17-34-48-horz.jpg 3 218419874.jpg

At first I was upset it wasn't Identified as the NC-2, but I realized it WAS identified as that in the CODING.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    potty dollar 1878 and Moekeever like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted