1794 cent

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Robert4565, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Robert4565

Robert4565 New Member

How much is worth this coin ? $_57 (89).JPG $_57 (90).JPG

Scropper likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Unless it is a rare die marriage, not much

But, someone will be along in a bit to check it

4. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

5. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Thats hard to look at.... Who am i kidding id still own it.

dwhiz likes this.
  6. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

Hi Robert,

There is some significant damage. My guess is it would grade "Poor Details - Damage." I'm not expert on early American copper, but it's value is significantly diminished by that.

Where are you from? I can tell from your question you are not a native English speaker.

7. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

That is a serious gash!

8. Scropper

Scropper Member

Actually, I'd net grade it Fair to Poor personally, but those are Almost Good or Good obverse details. That's a lovely coin (aside from the huge gouge, of course) - nice full bold date. I'll have to do some research later to see if I can figure out which Sheldon it is, but off-hand I'd say some collector might be willing to pay $30 to $50 for it.

9. Robert4565

Robert4565 New Member

This is the S-43 R-2 +, I live in England but I was not born in this country, thanks for info, I pay for this coin 100 bucks, too much !??

10. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I don't think a hundred dollars (hopefully not pounds) is over the top, but maybe a little high.

11. Robert4565

Robert4565 New Member

$ 110 + $ 15 shipping to the UK, I start collect large cents just a few months i collect banknotes [obsolete currency]

12. Scropper

Scropper Member

Maybe a little high for an R-2 variety given the obverse damage and missing reverse, but you certainly didn't do too badly! Are you confident on the Sheldon number? Was going to check it out, but if you're sure then good!

Without the damage, I'd guess for those surfaces and obverse detail $150 - $175. So you be the judge on the damage!

Love the coin by the way, don't mind the damage that much myself. I love imagining the stories... : )

Robert4565 likes this.
  13. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

The dig may not look pretty, but I know I certainly won't look that good when I'm 221 years old!

Robert4565 likes this.
  14. Robert4565

Robert4565 New Member

I'm sure that this is the S-43 and I'm sure I will not be too looked so good for 221 years...haha NSP

NSP likes this.
  15. Robert4565

Robert4565 New Member

16. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

You got a fair deal for what it is. I think the surfaces are nice aside from the gouge, and most of these coins are harshly pitted in this condition. Yours is not, so I really like it and think you did just fine!

Robert4565 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted