1793 Large Cent Chain - Sheldon type

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Restruck, May 13, 2017.

?

What Sheldon Type is this ?

1. S1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. S2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. S3

100.0%
  4. S4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Here's the only chain cent that I ever owned. I parted with it on a trade about fifteen years ago. One day I'll get another one. PCGS VF-30 S-3. IMG_2282.JPG

jester3681, mikenoodle and Restruck like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Restruck

Restruck New Member

Holy cow is that one a gem ! I have only seen maybe one like that in person at my local coin shop. I sure hope you got a pretty ( large cent ) Penny for that ?!?! The hair details have me blown away. I saw one very close to this one go on Ebay for around 15 I think about two weeks ago, Currently this one that is listed now looks so perfect I can't believe it's real . 99,775.00 listed. I have been watching that guys for at least a month no sale yet.

Kirkuleez likes this.
  4. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

It was traded for a raw 1868 proof set, cent through dollar. I had them graded and got all PR-65 except for the cent which came back PR-66. A good trade money wise, bit fifteen or so years later, I still kind of miss that chain cent.

jester3681 and Restruck like this.
  5. Restruck

Restruck New Member

I am very close to listing mine on ebay today. I have the whole ad filled out and saved in draft. I am only dragging my feet right now because I don't want to let her go, but need the money at the same time. That 1868 proof set as an eye catcher. If I am not mistaken isn't that half cent worth like 10-11k alone ? That's the aluminum set you have ?

6. Restruck

Restruck New Member

I'm working with two 1880's half cents right now. Decent coins, average grades. I just had a chance to look up your proof set and hot damn is that seated liberty dollar a bute.

7. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

It wasn't the aluminum set, just a standard set and there were no half cents made in 68, they stopped in 57. 1880 half cents?

8. Restruck

Restruck New Member

Oh wow I was going to say I just read that the aluminum proof set was sold a couple years back for 211k amazing. I'm sorry I completely mis-spoke about my half cents those are 1807 and 1809 I was confused about my half dollars. I had to break out the book and look. It's hard to keep track of all this stuff. I did just find my two missing 1868 and 1887 dimes though so glad I looked. Sorry about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted