1789 1st president U.S.A 1797 George Washington coin

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by helldisc88, Jul 15, 2008.

1. david burdick

david burdick New Member

if anyone can find it please let me know

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cwtokenman

cwtokenman Coin Hoarder

Hello David, To correctly identify these pieces, nice clear photos are essential as sometimes the differences between tokens is minute.

WhatsThis likes this.
  4. dcurtis55

dcurtis55 New Member

I just found one my wife has had one for 50 years. It says presidential 1789. I believe these coins were made of pot metal, very shiny but lite weight.

WhatsThis likes this.
  5. dcurtis55

dcurtis55 New Member

hi I'm dale, I do not agree about them being worthless. One was bought on "PAWNSTARS" for $2500; One was auctioned for 235,000.00. ave. price $5000. They were made to commemorate his election. Some were made as funeral coins. they were supposed to be worn around the neck. the ones with edge lettering were made in 2007. I am no expert my advice is to go to an expert. Then don't sell it auction it. I am trying to figure out how to put up a picture.

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Thanks for resurrecting this thread - it's hilarious. I had a good time reading all 4 pages of delusion and ignorance. My only concern is all those poor user names getting taken and used only for one post. Peter should release them into the wild.

WhatsThis likes this.
  7. Crmyers00

Crmyers00 New Member

The ones that are highly valuable (at least some of them, I'm sure there might be others) had "He is in glory, the World is in tears" or something similar across the top and we're a white metal. I haven't seen any others that were worth more than 2 to 10 bucks.

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Gee! I remember this thread, and it gave me a good laugh to go back through everything.

At this point, I have only one thing to add..........

Welcome to the neighborhood, Crmyers00!

Chris

9. nikkiB

nikkiB New Member

why you gotta be so rude? there just curious? quit replying if you think that every thing they need to know has already been said!

WhatsThis likes this.
  10. Wanda Pevehouse

Wanda Pevehouse New Member

11. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

That was one amazing read.

12. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

You ain't kidding

13. Moekeever

Moekeever Well-Known Member

Back when I was a kid, my brother and I went into an old house that was abandoned. Inside I found a belt that had about 25 or 30 of these on it. And believe it or not, they all had holes! If I had only known they were worth thousands, I could have skipped the get a job for the next 35 years of your life gig.

WhatsThis likes this.
  14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

So you made an account to quote an old post and not add anything?
    Odd.

15. Moekeever

Moekeever Well-Known Member

I glad they did, best laugh I have had in a while reading this thread.

16. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Of course I am. Did you read that whole thread?

17. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Oh yes, hence why I said that, so ridiculous , it's amazing :)

18. Jamie Crawford

Jamie Crawford New Member

19. Jamie Crawford

20. Jamie Crawford

I have what I believe to be an original one of these coin tokens , but I would like o find out how I should get more information on it and how and where to get an appraisal. Would you have any information on this sort of thing?

21. Jamie Crawford

I was wondering how would I go about getting a coin appraised or how I could find out if it's an original

Draft saved Draft deleted