Featured 1786 Spanish 1/2 Escudo with Historical Document

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by britannia40, Dec 21, 2015.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I like this thread, very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    I love items from Spain. I just wanted to share my family Escudo.. I'm PADILLA from Spain :woot:
    36007-escudo-padilla.jpg

moneditis and britannia40 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Very nice document. I've been buying historical documents for decades. The document should not
    be touching the glass. You need to have it framed using "conservation" glass and archival materials which will protect it from further fading and foxing.

4. HardTruths

HardTruths Member

WOW!!! The document is great and i really enjoyed the story behind how you obtained it. Imagine that, historical documents signed by a KING and others in 1784 can be found on auction sites!! That is awesome!!! Plus, the coin tie's it all together. Great Find and Thank You for the history lesson also.

britannia40 likes this.
  5. moneditis

moneditis Reales de a 8

Not really. Old "castellanos" read it well :bookworm::pompous:

This document is an appointment and for that pays taxes of 68 maravedís ("papel timbrado")

6. HardTruths

HardTruths Member

1784!!!! I mean seriously, a document signed by a King in 1784 with watermarks or whatever those are that I imagine guaranteed its authenticity way, way back then. I love that stuff!! If you think about electricity was not discovered until over 100+ years later if I am not mistaken. That paper was handmade and to place watermarks throughout it had to be very difficult process. Not like today with you know, things like electricity, industrial machines, chemicals, computers, etc... Maybe it's me but I just really enjoy the history behind things like this. Ok, this is my last post on this thread. Well,,, maybe because I keep coming back to look at it.. Great post Brittiana40..

britannia40 likes this.
  7. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

i say keep the original coin with it get loctite holder and use flash tape

britannia40 likes this.
  8. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

I still have the original but it just don't have the detail and appeal

9. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Put them both with it

britannia40 likes this.