1776-1976 quarters

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Kamil, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Kamil

Kamil New Member

I was going through my quarters and I found 6 1776-1976 quarters I was wondering what it is worth.

5 of them have the mint mark D
    1 of them had no mint mark

Also I want to know how many of them were made

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kaparthy

kaparthy Well-Known Member

Over 800 million each from Denver and Philadelphia. Historically, the Main Mint in Philly used no Mintmark until very recently.

As often as I encourage people to save anything unusual, the fact is that these are not. They are abundant and nearly impervious to wear.

Still, with only 1.6 billion out there, not everyone on Earth can have one.

Also, only 16 million silver clads were struck for Proof and Mint sets.

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

25 cents a piece. They are, to use a poorly timed phrase, worth a dime a dozen.

5. Zeppo Shanski

Zeppo Shanski Active Member

They're all just cool pocket change. Circulated 1776-1976 quarters either with no mintmark made in Philadelphia or the "D" Denver mintmark in pocket change, are worth face value – 25-cents. If you find a 1776-1976 quarter with an "S" (San Francisco) mintmark, it's either a proof specimen or a 40% silver Bicentennial quarter; Those could be worth north of $1.25.

6. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

This information is very easy to find by using google. Give it a shot and see if you can come up with your own. Answer first.

7. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

If they did this then there would be no reason to use this forum. None, everything has already been answered. It's nice to talk to people and strike up a conversation amidst finding your answer away from google.

GrannyMel66, Zeppo Shanski and Kamil like this.
  8. frankjg

Basic information like this should be researched first and then come to the board with an insightful question or intelligent discussion.

This site is not for asking how many quarters were made in a year. That’s what research and google are for.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Unless they would grade a very high grade, which I doubt, they are worth $.25 each. Hundreds of millions were made and they were hoarded.

Welcome to CT.

10. Bambam8778

I do believe everyone asks basic questions on this site that could be answered by a simple trip to google. Even you it turns out.
    292659CC-A89A-45EF-BF73-156915E27CA1.png

11. frankjg

Stalker much?

Also, apples and oranges. Asking about an obscure Canadian quarter that looks like it was colorized post-mint is completely different from asking about the mintage numbers of a common coin.

12. Bambam8778

I do what I can...........
    Still answered by google.

13. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

This may help. It is from usacoinbook.com which is a good, quick basic reference for mintage numbers and stuff. https://www.usacoinbook.com/coins/quarters/washington/

upload_2019-3-4_8-21-16.png

If you are interested in coins we usually recommend getting what is called a "Red" Book" which you can find usually at local bookstores or online like at amazon.
    upload_2019-3-4_8-23-52.png

Bambam8778 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted