1776-1976 Quarter

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by fippohippo, Oct 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

@rte …Yes, overpriced…the advert you posted makes the cost come to 38.75 cents each.

Now, the problem with buying rolls of these is there is sure to be most of them under mint state condition, meaning worth only FV. I don’t see anything in the ad that says otherwise, and those rolls look to be CWR. It would be an incredibly lucky happenstance for just 25-50% to be anywhere near mint state unless they were listed as original Mint rolls. And even then there is no guarantee they haven’t been searched for the gems.

The CuNi business strike was made in huge quantities: 1.669 billion; 809+ million from Philadelphia and 860+ million from Denver. These mintages reflect only the business strike…there were 11 million proofs churned out, and a bunch of special issues.

So, the upshot of all this ( slice of reality, folks ) is that they will never be rare or scarce and it will be another 5-15 years before AU58+ starts appreciating.
    …imo…Spark

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Members might construe from my previous post that I don’t like this Bicentennial quarter, but that is far from the truth.

I really like the flame and stars element, I’ve always liked that tricorn hat; reminds me of Disney’s “The Swamp Fox” from the ‘60s starring Leslie Neilsen…and that patriot beating on that drum, along with the obverse with the dual date: a very good design and worth collecting…imo…Spark

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
  4. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

Mintage of over 800 million. Nice design so I would keep it until I found a nicer one.

5. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

These quarters were issued for two years, in 1975 and ‘76. Most collectors regard the drummer boy design as the best of the three Bicentennial motifs.

Draft saved Draft deleted