16 coins going to PCGS - results in a few weeks

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by C-B-D, May 21, 2016.

1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

My account renewed, so I get my 8 "free" submissions. Sending these in, fingers crossed! I have posted some of these in other threads, but this is the complete order. Get's mailed Monday.
    DSCN3698-horz-vert.jpg DSCN3703-horz-vert.jpg DSCN3712-horz-vert.jpg DSCN3721-horz-vert.jpg DSCN3726-horz-vert.jpg DSCN3631-horz-vert.jpg DSCN3623-horz-vert.jpg DSCN3770-horz-vert.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Amazing group of FE's

C-B-D likes this.
  4. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I think you'll do fine. love those flying eagles

C-B-D likes this.
  5. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

I love those coins! I wish I had one.

Considering what PCGS has been doing recently, I think all of them will come back in details slabs, unfortunately.
    (I meant that as a joke, PCGS has been misgrading a lot of undamaged coins details these days, just talk to Mainebill and look at his thread, "seriously pcgs". It's a good read.)

C-B-D likes this.
  6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I'm fully prepared for some of these to potentially come back with a problem I either didn't detect, or something that they may not let slide that didn't really bother me. But if I hit on the majority of these, I'll be sitting pretty.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Beautiful coins, care to wager what you think they'll grade? I hope you'll post here as a follow up when they return.

C-B-D likes this.
  8. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Good luck! A nice collection. May the grading gods be with you.

C-B-D likes this.
  9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Yes, I will post the results here in a few weeks. Do you prefer I post a written report of the grades or pics of them in the holders? That delays the update for 3 or so more days...

Seattlite86 likes this.
  10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I think I have the potential for at least 2 of the Flying eagle cents to come back MS.

11. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I'll take whichever you prefer and are willing to do. I always like to see them ungraded, see what more knowledgeable folks think they should grade, and what they come out as. I learn a lot this way.

C-B-D likes this.
  12. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

I think it would be worth the extra wait to see them in their slabs!

C-B-D likes this.
  13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I find flying eagle cents VERY difficult to grade when they're in AU to BU. The strikes are all over the place, and copper nickel doesn't show wear as clearly as silver coins. So honestly, coins 1 and 2 look BU to me. Coins 4 and 5 do as well, especially coin 5... which had the best luster of the bunch, but shows possible wear on the eagle's breast. Also, coin 3 is absolutely hammered, and has almost proof like fields, but also quite a few marks/hits, so who knows what it is... Basically I have no idea.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    Markus1959 likes this.
  14. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I would be extremely sad if that happened, but then again, it may.

15. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

What's going on with the '57 date? Is that MD? btw great coins ;)

16. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Yes, just mechanical doubling. The only variety flying eagle cent is the 4th one down. High leaves FS-1901, but PCGS doesn't attribute those.

17. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Great looking group!! I'm sure you will have better luck than I did. Looking forward to seeing how they grade.

18. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

Results first then pics when you receive the coins. Good luck CBD!

joecoincollect and C-B-D like this.
  19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Best of luck with the go of it John. :)

C-B-D likes this.
  20. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Some nice capped Busts , love the '09 and '20 .

C-B-D likes this.
  21. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

Very nice coins, several will be "details", but several others are outstanding. Please share the results!!
    Gary in Washington

C-B-D likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted