15% EBay coupon

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by charlietig, Jun 19, 2018.

1. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

I just tried using Ebay's 15% off coupon on a 100 coin slab holder, I knew most coupons don't work on coins but even slab holders won't qualify? It wouldn't adjust the price.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

That coupon is for a select list of sellers and none of them sell coins or collectibles.

You are thinking of one of the coupons for everything (which still excludes the coins and paper money category, but is good for all sellers).

4. charlietig

So Ebay can put coupons out for just certain sellers?

5. ddddd

ddddd Member

Yes, and they do it quite often (it seems at least once a month).

-jeffB and baseball21 like this.
  6. charlietig

Would slab holders be classified as coins where that discount on everything wouldn't apply?

7. ddddd

ddddd Member

Yes the discount would not apply as I assume the one you found was listed in the following category:

Coins & Paper Money>Publications & Supplies>Holders

8. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

The only time the coupon works for slabbed coins is the coupon you get when you open your first eBay account. I used it to buy a slabbed Peace Dollar and it was a $50 credit for anything sold on eBay.

Stevearino likes this.
  9. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

I got a normal 6 or 8% ebay Bucks yesterday.

10. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

So did I! 6% on $50+, 8% on $100+ and it expires tonight at 11:59pm PT.

11. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I didn't get that one. But I had a 10% last week that I used to buy some cheapish stuff.

12. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

need more ebay accounts... usually have one at most times, sometimes they both would get the same promo, other times only one account will get one, but it's usually one a week. I even got one once for selling. I listed everything I had. Had over 200 in eBay bucks that month.

C-B-D likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted