SOLD 130-pc lot older World coins in paper envelopes from the 1960s-70s

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by lordmarcovan, Jun 24, 2017.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

[​IMG]

I started to go through this box but just have too many other irons in the fire to sort and catalog and price it all individually, so I'm just going to offer it as a single lot here.

There's some nice old stuff in here. I saw some coins which should catalog around $20, $30, $40 individually. Some are attractively toned from spending nearly 50 years in these old paper envelopes. There aren't any monster toners, but they're mostly pleasant enough. Of course, there are a few blackish and greenish "uglies", too, but that goes with the territory.

There is some silver and plenty of older material. I saw some pieces from the 1700s and 1800s. A few envelopes have collector notes and dates from the mid-1960s up to about 1973, so this is definitely an "old school" collection, as the meticulously typewritten envelopes and the "Y" (Yeoman) catalog numbers will show you in the sample images below.

I'm going to put this out for quick sale at a price that should leave you plenty of opportunity to potentially profit, or at least have a lot of fun working through this lot. I use to live for cherrypicking lots like this, but just have other demands on my numismatic attention nowadays.

(*Update: sold! That went fast, like I thought it would.)

Satisfaction guaranteed. If for any reason you are not delighted with this lot, simply contact me within a reasonably short time after receipt, and we'll work out a return or price adjustment. But I think this lot should be easily worth the asking price.

UPDATE: *** This lot is now SOLD. ***

There will be more later, however; some from the same source. And those will be sold as singles or in much smaller lots. I'll try to get some listed soon.

Numismatically Yours,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick
    ("LordM")

CatoConsignmentBoxLot-170624a.png CatoConsignmentBoxLot-170624b.png CatoConsignmentBoxLot-170624c.png CatoConsignmentBoxLot-170624d.png CatoConsignmentBoxLot-170624e.png CatoConsignmentBoxLot-170624f.png CatoConsignmentBoxLot-170624g.png CatoConsignmentBoxLot-170624h.png CatoConsignmentBoxLot-170624i.png

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017