1101 philippine coin.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by philippinecoin, Jun 6, 2011.

1. philippinecoin

philippinecoin New Member

have a gold coin i need to identify and find out what its worth. anyone familiar with these coins, send me your email, ill e picture back.

wendell

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. philippinecoin

any help appreciated.

wendell

4. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Post the pic here. That would be best.

5. philippinecoin

see if this comes thru, picture.

wendell

Attached Files:

6. swhuck

swhuck Junior Member

What I know:
    • This is not an 1101-dated coin. Anything minted during that time-frame would have been much more crude.
    • If I read it correctly, the legend says, "Un Peso Sagrado Verdadero", which is Spanish for "One Sacred, True Peso".
    What I suspect:
    • This probably isn't a coin at all; it is more likely a token. It's also possible that it could be a weight (peso literally means weight).
    • This piece was probably minted during the last half of the 20th century, judging by the artistic style.
    • I see nothing in the single image to lead me to believe that it is Philippine. It's far more likely that a coin minted in the Philippines during that time period would have legends in Tagalog; Spanish fell out of use there rather quickly after the US took over.
    We'd really need to see an image of the other side to get a better idea of what it is, and if the images were larger, that would help. Also, what size is this piece?

Gregg702 likes this.
  7. goossen

goossen Senior Member

Does it have Saint Joseph on the other side ? I've seen others like that.
    It's a religious medal; apparently these pieces, with St. Joseph and crossed keys, are popular in the Philippines, where they're known as "anting anting" (religious charm). "1101" is not the year of minting; I think is there to try to fool people into thinking it's really old.
    It's not made of gold either.
    It might worth about $5.

8. philippinecoin

excellent information! thanx so much. my girlfriend collects coins for fun here in the
    philippines and had someone wanting to sell her this "coin". thats the only picture we
    have, it was emailed to us. i enjoy learning the history behind coins here, once i get
    a decent camera ill post some pictures of coins we get.

wendell

9. Resty Esguerra

Resty Esguerra New Member

How much 1101 un peso sagrado?

10. Resty Esguerra

Resty Esguerra New Member

the picture 1101 coin save in the cp. and now "how my post in picture there?

11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

could be a Philipine amulet.

Draft saved Draft deleted