11 to go!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by MatthewT, Mar 19, 2018.

1. MatthewT

MatthewT Active Member

so I started the first Jefferson nickel Whitman book (‘38-‘61) about a month ago. I have been filling it entirely by coin roll hunting!(minus 4 out of the 9 war nickels currently in the book). However those war nickels were bought in a random year $1.00 face value roll, so that’s kinda roll hunting, right? Lol. Anyway only 11 to go and I’ve noticed I already knocked out some of the lowest minted nickels! Only 5/11 of the nickels left to find are really low (under 10million) , so I’m hoping to spot the other 6 keeping the tradition of ONLY Roll hunting!

Still need:
    38S ***
    39D ***
    42D
    42S (War)
    43D(War)
    46D
    49S ***
    50 ***
    50D ***
    52D
    (*** indicates the <10mil mint )
    It’s looking great!!
    67DABA72-F8F5-4084-8785-C1F9364D34D2.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lovecoinswalkingliberty

lovecoinswalkingliberty Well-Known Member

Really good- will be hard to get those silvers though

MatthewT likes this.
  4. just a penny.. right

just a penny.. right Active Member

Nice work. Looks better than mine:)

MatthewT likes this.
  5. MatthewT

MatthewT Active Member

It’s weird bc there now extremely low minted. I probably will wind up paying a small fee for them individually. Circulated condition is fine for me. Def not looking to make an AU/BU album.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

All things considered, if you I would try to trade or do whatever possible to avoid having to buy the remaining coins. Not that there's anything wrong with buying, but only because it would allow you to complete the set solely on your own efforts and in the long run would likely mean more to you. JMHO.

MatthewT and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  7. lovecoinswalkingliberty

lovecoinswalkingliberty Well-Known Member

Here is a challenge:
    Find 2009 p & d

MatthewT likes this.
  8. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

I did it completely from roll hunting. It can be done. Last one I found was the 38-s.

9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I agree, they are all out there to be found.

MatthewT likes this.
  10. MatthewT

MatthewT Active Member

I have found 2 of each so far!!! Missing the 2009D in dimes though!

11. MatthewT

MatthewT Active Member

Funny thing is , I just went over the coins in the book and realized I had a 1950(plain) in the 1951D hole. I don’t have any extra 1951Ds but compared to the 9.8mil minted 1950, the 1951D at 20.5 mil should be easier to obtain. Lol. The 1950 is also is fantastic condition!
    And BTW, after realizing that error , I totally went back to make sure every other coin was correct and they were. Someone asked for a photo of it once and I think I put it back in the wrong spot lol. 599D3CFB-FB87-461E-9987-5F5CE6378EA9.jpeg

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Fun set to collect.

MatthewT likes this.
  13. MatthewT

MatthewT Active Member

I’ve had a lot of fun! Even managed about 4 war nickels and even 1 V nickel (1899) . I wound up sending it to another collector that sent me a handful of Wheat Cents for my album. ( Already had a 1899 in much better condition). It was a token of my appreciation!

Draft saved Draft deleted